Indirect production function and the output effect of public transit subsidies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Transportation.
Volume (Year): 38 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103007
Operating subsidy; Capital subsidy; Output effect; Indirect production function; Inefficiency;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Small, K.A. & Gomez-Ibanez, J.A., 1996.
95-96-4, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Lovell, C. A. K., 1988. "An indirect approach to the evaluation of producer performance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 71-89, October.
- Nolan, J. F. & Ritchie, P. C. & Rowcroft, J. E., 2002. "Identifying and measuring public policy goals: ISTEA and the US bus transit industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 291-304, July.
- Stephen Schmidt, 2001. "Incentive Effects of Expanding Federal Mass Transit Formula Grants," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 239-261.
- Kerstens, K., 1996. "Technical efficiency measurement and explanation of French urban transit companies," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 431-452, November.
- Mohring, Herbert, 1972. "Optimization and Scale Economies in Urban Bus Transportation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 591-604, September.
- Obeng, K., 2000. "Expense preference behavior in public transit systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 249-265, December.
- Cooter, Robert & Topakian, Gregory, 1980. "Political economy of a public corporation : Pricing objectives of BART," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 299-318, June.
- Obeng, K. & Sakano, R., 2008. "Public transit subsidies, output effect and total factor productivity," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 85-98, January.
- Karlaftis, Matthew G. & McCarthy, Patrick, 2002. "Cost structures of public transit systems: a panel data analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Daniele Fabbri, 1995. "Public Transit Subsidy: from the Economics of Welfare to the Theory of Incentives," Working Papers 220, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Savage, Ian, 2004. "Management objectives and the causes of mass transit deficits," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 181-199, March.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1997. "Modeling allocative inefficiency in a translog cost function and cost share equations: An exact relationship," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 351-356.
- Martijn Brons & Peter Nijkamp & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2005. "Efficiency of urban public transit: A meta analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Peran van Reeven, 2008. "Subsidisation of Urban Public Transport and the Mohring Effect," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 42(2), pages 349-359, May.
- Hilmer, Christiana E. & Holt, Matthew T., 2005. "Estimating Indirect Production Functions with a More General Specification: An Application of the Lewbel Model," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(03), December.
- Cooter, Robert & Topakian, Gregory, 1980. "Political Economy of a Public Corporation: Pricing Objectives of BART," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 299-318, June.
- Bokusheva, Raushan & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2008. "Modelling Farms' Production Decisions Under Expenditure Constraints," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6641, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- De Borger B. & Kerstens K. & Costa A., 2000. "Public transport performance: what do we learn from frontier studies?," Working Papers 2000019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.