Automatic feature identification and graphical support in rule-based forecasting: a comparison
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 12 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Collopy, Fred, 1992. "Error measures for generalizing about forecasting methods: Empirical comparisons," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 69-80, June.
- Schnaars, Steven P., 1986. "A comparison of extrapolation models on yearly sales forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 71-85.
- Robert Fildes, 1989. "Evaluation of Aggregate and Individual Forecast Method Selection Rules," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(9), pages 1056-1065, September.
- Everette S. Gardner, Jr. & Ed. Mckenzie, 1985. "Forecasting Trends in Time Series," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(10), pages 1237-1246, October.
- Scott Armstrong, J., 1988. "Research needs in forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 449-465.
- Robert Carbone & Allan Andersen & Yvan Corriveau & Paul Piat Corson, 1983. "Comparing for Different Time Series Methods the Value of Technical Expertise Individualized Analysis, and Judgmental Adjustment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 559-566, May.
- Weitz, Rob R., 1986. "Nostradamus A knowledge-based forecasting advisor," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 273-283.
- Lo, Tammy, 1994. "An expert system for choosing demand forecasting techniques," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-3), pages 5-15, January.
- Clemen, Robert T., 1989. "Combining forecasts: A review and annotated bibliography," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 559-583.
- Spyros Makridakis & Robert L. Winkler, 1983. "Averages of Forecasts: Some Empirical Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(9), pages 987-996, September.
- Sanders, NR & Ritzman, LP, 1990. "Improving short-term forecasts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 365-373.
- Adya, Monica & Collopy, Fred & Armstrong, J. Scott & Kennedy, Miles, 2001. "Automatic identification of time series features for rule-based forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 143-157.
- Thomassey, Sebastien & Happiette, Michel & Castelain, Jean Marie, 2005. "A short and mean-term automatic forecasting system--application to textile logistics," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 275-284, February.
- JS Armstrong & Fred Collopy, 2004. "Integration of Statistical Methods and Judgment for Time Series," General Economics and Teaching 0412024, EconWPA.
- Tashman, Leonard J., 2000. "Out-of-sample tests of forecasting accuracy: an analysis and review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 437-450.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2006. "Findings from evidence-based forecasting: Methods for reducing forecast error," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 583-598.
- Fildes, Robert & Madden, Gary & Tan, Joachim, 2007.
"Optimal forecasting model selection and data characteristics,"
10819, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Fildes & Gary Madden & Joachim Tan, 2007. "Optimal forecasting model selection and data characteristics," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(15), pages 1251-1264.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C. & Graefe, Andreas, 2014. "Golden Rule of Forecasting: Be conservative," MPRA Paper 53579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yuehjen Shao & Yue-Fa Lin & Soe-Tsyr Yuan, 1999. "Integrated application of time series multiple-interventions analysis and knowledge-based reasoning," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(6), pages 755-766.
- Song, Haiyan & Gao, Bastian Z. & Lin, Vera S., 2013. "Combining statistical and judgmental forecasts via a web-based tourism demand forecasting system," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 295-310.
- Adya, Monica, 2000. "Corrections to rule-based forecasting: findings from a replication," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 125-127.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.