The technology of library service provision: a cost function analysis of public library systems in the United Kingdom
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Information Economics and Policy.
Volume (Year): 11 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DeBoer, Larry, 1992. "Economies of scale and input substitution in public libraries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 257-268, September.
- Denny, Michael & Pinto, Cheryl, 1978. "An Aggregate Model with Multi-Product Technologies," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 2, chapter 9 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- Panzar, John C & Willig, Robert D, 1977. "Economies of Scale in Multi-Output Production," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 481-93, August.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1975. "The Elasticity of Scale and the Shape of Average Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 492-97, June.
- Christopher J. Hammond, 2006. "Factor substitution in the production of library services: evidence from the North American research libraries," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 613-630.
- Hammond, Christopher J., 2009. "The effect of organisational change on UK public library efficiency," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 286-295, September.
- Erik Amdal & Gunnar BÃ¥rdsen & KÃ¥re Johansen & Morten Welde, 2007.
"Operating costs in Norwegian toll companies: a panel data analysis,"
Springer, vol. 34(6), pages 681-695, November.
- Gunnar BÃ¥rdsen & Erik Amdal & KÃ¥re Johansen & Morten Welde, 2006. "Operating costs in Norwegian toll companies: A panel data analysis," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology 6906, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Lilo Locher, 2005. "Public Library Fees in Germany," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 313-324, November.
- William F. Stine, 2008. "An empirical analysis of the effect of volunteer labor on public library employment," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(6), pages 525-538.
- Lars Håkonsen & Knut Løyland, 2013. "Local government allocation of cultural services," ACEI Working Paper Series AWP-06-2013, the Association for Cultural Economics International, revised Oct 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.