All-stage strong correlated equilibrium
AbstractA strong correlated equilibrium is a correlated strategy profile that is immune to joint deviations. Existing solution concepts assume that players receive simultaneously correlated recommendations from the mediator. An ex-ante strong correlated equilibrium (Moreno and Wooders, 1996) is immune to deviations that are planned before receiving the recommendations. In this note we focus on mediation protocols where players may get their recommendations at several stages, and show that an ex-ante strong correlated equilibrium is immune to deviations at all stages of the protocol.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Games and Economic Behavior.
Volume (Year): 69 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622836
Coalition-proofness Strong correlated equilibrium Common knowledge Incomplete information Non-cooperative games;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bloch, Francis & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2006.
"Correlated Equilibria, Incomplete Information and Coalitional Deviations,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
763, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bloch, Francis & Dutta, Bhaskar, 2009. "Correlated equilibria, incomplete information and coalitional deviations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 721-728, July.
- Francis Bloch & Bhaskar Dutta, 2006. "Correlated Equilibria, Incomplete Information and Coalitional Deviations," Working Papers halshs-00410457, HAL.
- R. Aumann, 2010.
"Correlated Equilibrium as an expression of Bayesian Rationality,"
513, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1987. "Correlated Equilibrium as an Expression of Bayesian Rationality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Robert J. Aumann, 2010. "Correlated Equilibrium as an expression of Bayesian Rationality," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000377, David K. Levine.
- Heller, Yuval, 2005.
"A minority-proof cheap-talk protocol,"
7716, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Feb 2008.
- Indrajit Ray, 1998. "Correlated equilibrium as a stable standard of behavior," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 257-269.
- Moreno, Diego & Wooders, John, 1996. "Coalition-Proof Equilibrium," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 80-112, November.
- Ray, Indrajit, 1996.
"Coalition-Proof Correlated Equilibrium: A Definition,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 56-79, November.
- RAY , Indrajit, 1993. "Coalition-Proof Correlated Equilibrium : A Definition," CORE Discussion Papers 1993053, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bengt Holmstrom & Roger B. Myerson, 1981.
"Efficient and Durable Decision Rules with Incomplete Information,"
495, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Myerson, Roger B, 1983. "Efficient and Durable Decision Rules with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1799-819, November.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1996. "Coalition-Proofness and Correlation with Arbitrary Communication Possibilities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 113-128, November.
- Nicholas Ziros, 2011. "Negotiation-proof correlated equilibrium," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 14-2011, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.