On the mean-reverting properties of target zone exchange rates: Some evidence from the ERM
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 42 (1998)
Issue (Month): 8 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth A. Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, 1996.
"Perspectives on PPP and Long-Run Real Exchange Rates,"
NBER Working Papers
4952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1995. "Perspectives on PPP and long-run real exchange rates," Handbook of International Economics, in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 32, pages 1647-1688 Elsevier.
- Rose, Andrew K & Svensson, Lars E O, 1993.
"European Exchange Rate Credibility Before the Fall,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rose, Andrew K. & Svensson, Lars E. O., 1994. "European exchange rate credibility before the fall," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1185-1216, June.
- Andrew K. Rose & Lars E.O. Svensson, 1993. "European Exchange Rate Credibility Before the Fall," NBER Working Papers 4495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rose, A.K. & Svensson, L.E.O., 1993. "European Exchange Rate Credibility Before the Fall," Papers 542, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Marcus Miller & Paul Weller, 1991. "Currency Bands, Target Zones, and Price Flexibility," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 184-215, March.
- Donald J. Mathieson & Robert P. Flood & Andrew K. Rose, 1991.
"An Empirical Exploration of Exchange Rate Target-Zones,"
IMF Working Papers
91/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Flood, Robert P. & Rose, Andrew K. & Mathieson, Donald J., 1991. "An empirical exploration of exchange-rate target-zones," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 7-65, January.
- Robert P. Flood & Andrew K. Rose & Donald J. Mathieson, 1990. "An Empirical Exploration of Exchange Rate Target-Zones," NBER Working Papers 3543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nieuwland, Frederick G M C & Verschoor, Willem F C & Wolff, Christian C P, 1994.
"Stochastic trends and jumps in EMS exchange rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 699-727, December.
- Nieuwland, Frederick G.M.C. & Verschoor, Willem F.C. & Wolff, Christian C.P., 1994. "Stochastic trends and jumps in EMS exchange rates," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-13908, Maastricht University.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 1992. "An Interpretation of Recent Research on Exchange Rate Target Zones," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 119-144, Fall.
- Krugman, Paul R, 1991.
"Target Zones and Exchange Rate Dynamics,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 106(3), pages 669-82, August.
- De Grauwe, Paul, 1989. "The Cost of Disinflation and the European Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Perron, P, 1988.
"The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis,"
338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989. "The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Cochrane, John H, 1988. "How Big Is the Random Walk in GNP?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 893-920, October.
- Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 1993. "The Unstable EMS," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(1), pages 51-144.
- António Portugal Duarte & João Sousa Andrade & Adelaide Duarte, 2013.
"Exchange Rate Target Zones: A Survey Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(2), pages 247-268, 04.
- António Portugal Duarte & João Sousa Andrade & Adelaide Duarte, 2010. "Exchange Rate Target Zones: A Survey of the Literature," GEMF Working Papers 2010-14, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Hali J. Edison & Ronald MacDonald, 2000. "Monetary policy independence in the ERM: was there any?," International Finance Discussion Papers 665, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Camarero, Mariam & Tamarit, Cecilio, 2002.
"A panel cointegration approach to the estimation of the peseta real exchange rate,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 371-393, September.
- Mariam Camarero & Cecilio Tamarit, . "A panel cointegration approach to the estimation of the peseta real exchange rate," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 01-08, FEDEA.
- Mariam Camarero & Cecilio Tamarit, 2001. "A panel cointegration approach to the estimation of the peseta real exchange rate," Working Papers 01-08, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- António Portugal Duarte & João Sousa Andrade & Adelaide Duarte, 2009. "Exchange Rate Mean Reversion within a Target Zone: Evidence from a Country on the Periphery of the ERM," GEMF Working Papers 2009-15, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Kaltenbrunner, Annina & Nissanke, Machiko, 2009. "The Case for an Intermediate Exchange Rate Regime with Endogenizing Market Structures and Capital Mobility," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- C. F. Lo & C. H. Hui & S. W. Chu & T. Fong, 2012. "A Quasi-Bounded Target Zone Model - Theory and Application to Hong Kong Dollar," Working Papers 282012, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- António Portugal Duarte & João Sousa Andrade & Adelaide Duarte, 2012. "Testing for Nonlinear Adjustment in the Portuguese Target Zone: Is there a Honeymoon Effect?," GEMF Working Papers 2013-03, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Hui, C.H. & Lo, C.F., 2009. "A note on estimating realignment probabilities - A first-passage-time approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 804-812, September.
- Marie Bessec, 2000. "Mean-Reversion versus PPP Adjustment: The Two Regimes of Exchange Rate Dynamics Under the EMS, 1979-1998," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1305, Econometric Society.
- Kathleen Dorsainvil, 2006. "Exchange Rate Unification Under Non-Credibility: The Haïtian Economy," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 229-240, May.
- C. H. Hui & C. F. Lo & V. Yeung & L. Fung, 2008. "Valuing foreign currency options with a mean-reverting process: a study of Hong Kong dollar," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 118-134.
- Rangvid, Jesper & Sorensen, Carsten, 2001. "Determinants of the implied shadow exchange rates from a target zone," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1665-1696, October.
- Ronald MacDonald & Cezary WÛjcik, 2004.
"Catching up: The role of demand, supply and regulated price effects on the real exchange rates of four accession countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 153-179, 03.
- Ronald MacDonald & Cezary Wójcik, 2003. "Catching Up: The Role of Demand, Supply and Regulated Price Effects on the Real Exchange Rates of Four Accession Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 899, CESifo Group Munich.
- Miller, J. Isaac, 2011. "Testing the bounds: Empirical behavior of target zone fundamentals," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1782-1792, July.
- Mark P. Taylor & Stefan Reitz, 2013. "Exchange Rates in Target Zones - Evidence from the Danish Krone," Kiel Working Papers 1827, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Anthony, Myrvin & MacDonald, Ronald, 1999. "The width of the band and exchange rate mean-reversion: some further ERM-based results," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 411-428.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Balázs Égert & Ronald MacDonald, 2005.
"Non-Linear Exchange Rate Dynamics in Target Zones: A Bumpy Road Towards A Honeymoon Some Evidence from the ERM, ERM2 and Selected New EU Member States,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp771, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Balázs Egert & Ronald MacDonald, 2005. "Non-Linear Exchange Rate Dynamics in Target Zones: A Bumpy Road towards a Honeymoon - Some Evidence from the ERM, ERM2 and Selected New EU Member States," CESifo Working Paper Series 1511, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giuseppe Cavaliere, 2005. "Testing mean reversion in target-zone exchange rates," Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(20), pages 2335-2347.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.