The effectiveness of Japanese foreign exchange interventions during 1991-2001
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 84 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dominguez, Kathryn M., 1998. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 161-190, February.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Osterberg, William P., 1997. "Why do central banks intervene?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 909-919, December.
- Catherine Bonser-Neal, 1996. "Does central bank intervention stabilize foreign exchange rates?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q I, pages 43-57.
- Mark P. Taylor & Lucio Sarno, 2001.
"Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective and, If So, How Does It Work?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 839-868, September.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Official Intervention in the Foreign Exchange Market: Is It Effective, and, If So, How Does It Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mussa, Michael, 1976. " The Exchange Rate, the Balance of Payments and Monetary and Fiscal Policy under a Regime of Controlled Floating," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 229-48.
- Chang, Yuanchen & Taylor, Stephen J., 1998. "Intraday effects of foreign exchange intervention by the Bank of Japan1," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 191-210, February.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2007. "Empirical analysis of the exchange rate channel in Japan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 887-904, October.
- Ai-ru (Meg) Cheng & Kuntal Das & Takeshi Shimatani, 2013. "Central Bank Intervention and Exchange Rate Volatility: Evidence from Japan Using Realized Volatility," Working Papers in Economics 13/19, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Georgios Chortareas & Ying Jiang & John C. Nankervis, 2013. "Volatility and Spillover Effects of Yen Interventions," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 671-689, 09.
- Mariko Hatase & Mototsugu Shintani & Tomoyoshi Yabu, 2013. "Great earthquakes, exchange rate volatility and government interventions," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 13-00007, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Adam Geršl, 2006. "Testing the Effectiveness of the Czech National Bank’s Foreign-Exchange Interventions," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(09-10), pages 398-415, September.
- Michel Beine & Christelle Lecourt, 2004.
"Reported and secret interventions in the foreign exchange market,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/10427, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beine, Michel & Lecourt, Christelle, 2004. "Reported and secret interventions in the foreign exchange markets," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 215-225, December.
- Cheng, Ai-ru (Meg) & Das, Kuntal & Shimatani, Takeshi, 2013. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility: Evidence from Japan using realized volatility," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 87-98.
- Kurita, Takamitsu, 2014. "Dynamic characteristics of the daily yen–dollar exchange rate," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 72-82.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.