A note on the optimality of airline networks
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 69 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Anming & Wei, Xin, 1993. "Competition in airline networks : The case of constant elasticity demands," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(2-3), pages 253-259.
- Kawasaki, Akio, 2008. "Network effects, heterogeneous time value and network formation in the airline market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 388-403, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2002.
"Network Structure and Airline Scheduling,"
02-0112, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Pels, Eric, 2005.
"European airline mergers, alliance consolidation, and consumer welfare,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 27-41.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Eric Pels, 2004. "European Airline Mergers, Alliance Consolidation, and Consumer Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 1154, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pels, Eric, 2008. "Airline network competition: Full-service airlines, low-cost airlines and long-haul markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 68-74.
- Eric Pels & Erik Verhoef, 2003.
"The Economics of Airport Congestion Pricing,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
03-083/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Anming Zhang, 2009.
"Airline Emission Charges: Effects on Airfares, Service Quality, and Aircraft Design,"
080916, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Zhang, Anming, 2010. "Airline emission charges: Effects on airfares, service quality, and aircraft design," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 960-971, September.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Anming Zhang, 2009. "Airline Emission Charges: Effects on Airfares, Service Quality, and Aircraft Design," CESifo Working Paper Series 2547, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fageda, Xavier, 1975- & Flores-Fillol, Ricardo, 2012. "Airport Congestion and Airline Network Structure," Working Papers 2072/211753, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Adler, Nicole & Smilowitz, Karen, 2007. "Hub-and-spoke network alliances and mergers: Price-location competition in the airline industry," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 394-409, May.
- Hugo Emilo Silva & Erik T. Verhoef & Vincent van den Berg, 2013. "Airline Route Structure Competition and Network Policy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-189/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Adler, Nicole & Hashai, Niron, 2005. "Effect of open skies in the Middle East region," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 878-894, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.