Economies of transport density and industrial agglomeration
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Regional Science and Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Braeutigam, Ronald R & Daughety, Andrew F & Turnquist, Mark A, 1984. "A Firm Specific Analysis of Economies of Density in the U.S. Railroad Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 3-20, September.
- Hendricks, Ken & Piccione, Michele & Tan, Guofu, 1995. "The Economics of Hubs: The Case of Monopoly," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 83-99, January.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Spiller, Pablo T., 1991. "Competition and mergers in airline networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 323-342, September.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya, 1996. "The role of ports in the making of major cities: Self-agglomeration and hub-effect," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 93-120, April.
- Krugman, Paul, 1993. "On the number and location of cities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 293-298, April.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R & Daughety, Andrew F & Turnquist, Mark A, 1982. "The Estimation of a Hybrid Cost Function for a Railroad Firm," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 394-404, August.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl & OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, .
"How density economies in international transportation link the internal geography of trading partners,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1870, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigne, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2006. "How density economies in international transportation link the internal geography of trading partners," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 248-263, September.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2006. "Economic geography and endogenous determination of transport technology," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 498-518, November.
- Kikuchi, Toru & Iwasa, Kazumichi, 2009.
"Interregional Trade, Industrial Location and Import Infrastructure,"
16016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toru Kikuchi & Kazumichi Iwasa, 2009. "Interregional trade, industrial location and import infrastructure," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 361-365, December.
- Toru Kikuchi & Kazumichi Iwasa, 2009. "Interregional Trade, Industrial Location and Import Infrastructure," Discussion Papers 0908, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Michael Funke & Hao Yu, 2011.
"The emergence and spatial distribution of Chinese seaport cities,"
Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers
21101, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Funke, Michael & Yu, Hao, 2011. "The emergence and spatial distribution of Chinese seaport cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 196-209, June.
- Funke, Michael & Yu, Hao, 2010. "The emergence and spatial distribution of Chinese seaport cities," BOFIT Discussion Papers 11/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl, .
"Density (dis)economies in transportation: revisiting the core-periphery model,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1944, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carl Gaigne & Kristian Behrens, 2006. "Density (dis)economies in transportation: revisiting the core-periphery model," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 18(5), pages 1-7.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco Ireo Paolo & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2003. "Inter-regional and International Trade: Seventy Years After Ohlin," CEPR Discussion Papers 4065, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2011. "Directional imbalance in transport prices and economic geography," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 92-102, January.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:18:y:2006:i:5:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexandre Skiba, 2007. "Regional Economies of Scale in Transportation and Regional Welfare," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200705, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2007.
- TAKAHASHI, Takaaki, 2005. "Economic geography and endogenous determination of transportation technology," CORE Discussion Papers 2005014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BEHRENS, Kristian, 2003. "International trade and internal geography revisited," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2003-09, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Czerny, Achim & Höffler, Felix & Mun, Se-il, 2013. "Port Competition and Welfare Effect of Strategic Privatization," EWI Working Papers 2013-13, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln.
- Kristian Behrens, 2005. "Choix de localisation et structure du commerce intra-branche," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 56(4), pages 965-982.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.