Macro-scale economic influences on tropical forest depletion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R[empty]pke, Inge, 1994. "Trade, development and sustainability -- a critical assessment of the "free trade dogma"," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1987.
"Structural Adjustment Policies in Highly Indebted Countries,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
453, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989. "Structural Adjustment Policies in Highly Indebted Countries," NBER Chapters, in: Developing Country Debt and Economic Performance, Volume 1: The International Financial System, pages 159-208 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989. "Structural Adjustment Policies in Highly Indebted Countries," NBER Chapters, in: Developing Country Debt and the World Economy, pages 249-262 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1989. "Structural Adjustment Policies in Highly Indebted Countries," NBER Working Papers 2502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bilsborrow, Richard E., 1987. "Population pressures and agricultural development in developing countries: A conceptual framework and recent evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 183-203, February.
- Paulino, Leonardo A., 1986. "Food in the Third World: past trends and projections to 2000," Research reports 52, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Blaxter,Kenneth, 1986. "People, Food and Resources," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521323000, December.
- Hecht, Susanna B., 1985. "Environment, development and politics: Capital accumulation and the livestock sector in Eastern Amazonia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 663-684, June.
- Perrings, Charles, 1989. "An optimal path to extinction? : Poverty and resource degradation in the open agrarian economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Ekins, Paul & Folke, Carl & Costanza, Robert, 1994. "Trade, environment and development: the issues in perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-94, September.
- Scrieciu, S. Serban, 2007. "Can economic causes of tropical deforestation be identified at a global level?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 603-612, May.
- Frank Place & Keijiro Otsuka, 2000.
"Population Pressure, Land Tenure, and Tree Resource Management in Uganda,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(2), pages 233-251.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 1997. "Population pressure, land tenure, and tree resource management in Uganda:," EPTD discussion papers 24, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Damette, Olivier & Delacote, Philippe, 2012.
"On the economic factors of deforestation: What can we learn from quantile analysis?,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2427-2434.
- Olivier Damette & Philippe Delacote, 2011. "On the economic factors of deforestation: what can we learn from quantile analysis?," Working Papers 1110, Chaire Economie du Climat.
- Kiker, Clyde F. & Putz, Francis E., 1997. "Ecolocical certification of forest products: Economic challenges," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Fisher, Brendan & Christopher, Treg, 2007. "Poverty and biodiversity: Measuring the overlap of human poverty and the biodiversity hotspots," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 93-101, April.
- Canares, Michael, 2009. "Macro-economic trends and their impacts on forests and forestry in Asia and the Pacific, outlook to 2020," MPRA Paper 28970, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dolisca, Frito & McDaniel, Joshua M. & Teeter, Lawrence D. & Jolly, Curtis M., 2007. "Land tenure, population pressure, and deforestation in Haiti: The case of Forêt des Pins Reserve," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 277-289, November.
- Sali, Guido, 2012. "Agricultural Land Consumption in Developed Countries," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126431, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wunder, Sven, 2005. "Macroeconomic Change, Competitiveness and Timber Production: A Five-Country Comparison," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 65-86, January.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2000. "The role of tenure in the management of trees at the community level: theoretical and empirical analyses from Uganda and Malawi," CAPRi working papers 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Darwin, Roy & Tsigas, Marinos & Lewandrowski, Jan & Raneses, Anton, 1996. "Land use and cover in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 157-181, June.
- Culas, Richard J., 2007. "Deforestation and the environmental Kuznets curve: An institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 429-437, March.
- Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeff & Louviere, Jordan, 2000. "Choice modelling and its potential application to tropical rainforest preservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 289-302, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.