Land use and land cover dynamics in the Brazilian Amazon: an overview
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beckmann, Martin J., 1973. "Equilibrium models of residential land use," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 361-368, November.
- D W Jones & R V O'Neill, 1993. "Human-environmental influences and interactions in shifting agriculture when farmers form expectations rationally," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Bilsborrow, Richard E., 1987. "Population pressures and agricultural development in developing countries: A conceptual framework and recent evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 183-203, February.
- Hecht, Susanna B., 1985. "Environment, development and politics: Capital accumulation and the livestock sector in Eastern Amazonia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 663-684, June.
- L A Brown & R Sierra & D Southgate & L Labao, 1992. "Complementary perspectives as a means of understanding regional change: frontier settlement in the Ecuador Amazon," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(7), pages 939-961, July.
- Walker, Robert, 1996. "Land Use Dynamics in the Brazilian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-2, July.
- Fujita,Masahisa, 1991.
"Urban Economic Theory,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521396455.
- Serrao, Emmanuel Adilson S. & Nepstad, Daniel & Walker, Robert, 1996. "Upland agricultural and forestry development in the Amazon: sustainability, criticality and resilience," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-13, July.
- Hartwick, John & Schweizer, Urs & Varaiya, Pravin, 1976. "Comparative statics of a residential economy with several classes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 396-413, December.
- Wheaton, William C., 1976. "On the optimal distribution of income among cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 31-44, January.
- Mattos, Marli Maria & Uhl, Christopher, 1994. "Economic and ecological perspectives on ranching in the Eastern Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 145-158, February.
- Flávia Leite & Marcellus Caldas & Cynthia Simmons & Stephen Perz & Stephen Aldrich & Robert Walker, 2011. "The social viability and environmental sustainability of direct action land reform settlements in the Amazon," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 773-788, August.
- Vosti, Stephen A. & Witcover, Julie & Carpentier, Chantal Line, 2002. "Agricultural intensification by smallholders in the Western Brazilian Amazon: from deforestation to sustainable land use," Research reports 130, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mertens, Benoit & Sunderlin, William D. & Ndoye, Ousseynou & Lambin, Eric F., 2000. "Impact of Macroeconomic Change on Deforestation in South Cameroon: Integration of Household Survey and Remotely-Sensed Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 983-999, June.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Barham, Bradford L. & Takasaki, Yoshito, 2004. "Targeting conservation-development initiatives in tropical forests: insights from analyses of rain forest use and economic reliance among Amazonian peasants," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 47-64, November.
- Namaalwa, Justine & Sankhayan, Prem L. & Hofstad, Ole, 2007. "A dynamic bio-economic model for analyzing deforestation and degradation: An application to woodlands in Uganda," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 479-495, January.
- William Pan & David Carr & Alisson Barbieri & Richard Bilsborrow & Chirayath Suchindran, 2007. "Forest Clearing in the Ecuadorian Amazon: A Study of Patterns Over Space and Time," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 635-659, December.
- Feinian Chen & Kim Korinek, 2010. "Family life course transitions and rural Household economy during China’s market reform," Demography, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 963-987, November.
- Perz, Stephen G. & Walker, Robert T., 2002. "Household Life Cycles and Secondary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1009-1027, June.
- Mena, Carlos F. & Barbieri, Alisson F. & Walsh, Stephen J. & Erlien, Christine M. & Holt, Flora L. & Bilsborrow, Richard E., 2006. "Pressure on the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve: Development and Land Use/Cover Change in the Northern Ecuadorian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1831-1849, October.
- López, Santiago & Sierra, Rodrigo, 2011. "A resource demand model of indigenous production: The Jivaroan cultivation systems of Western Amazonia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 246-257, March.
- D. Skole & C. Justice & J. Townshend & A. Janetos, 1997. "A land cover change monitoring program: Strategy for an international effort," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 157-175, June.
- Alisson Barbieri & David Carr & Richard Bilsborrow, 2009. "Migration Within the Frontier: The Second Generation Colonization in the Ecuadorian Amazon," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 291-320, June.
- Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc, 2000. "Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 683-699, April.
- Browder, John O. & Pedlowski, Marcos A. & Walker, Robert & Wynne, Randolph H. & Summers, Percy M. & Abad, Ana & Becerra-Cordoba, Nancy & Mil-Homens, Joao, 2008. "Revisiting Theories of Frontier Expansion in the Brazilian Amazon: A Survey of the Colonist Farming Population in Rondônia's Post-Frontier, 1992-2002," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1469-1492, August.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Grimard, Franque & Burt, Graeme J., 2000. "Tropical forests and shifting cultivation: secondary forest fallow dynamics among traditional farmers of the Peruvian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- Sergio Castelani & Joaquim Guilhoto & Danilo Igliori, 2013. "The Impacts Of Local Demands, Urbanization And Amazonian Metropolitan Regions Over Deforestation On Brazilian Amazon," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1213, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.