The trade and environment nexus in Mexican agriculture. A general equilibrium analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Copeland Brian R., 1994. "International Trade and the Environment: Policy Reform in a Polluted Small Open Economy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 44-65, January.
- Harrison, Glenn W., 1993. "Environmentally sensitive industries and an emerging Mexico," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 109-126.
- John Beghin & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 1997.
"Trade and Pollution Linkages: Piecemeal Reform and Optimal Intervention,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(2), pages 442-55, May.
- John Beghin & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 1994. "Trade and Pollution Linkages: Piecemeal Reform and Optimal Intervention," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 99, OECD Publishing.
- Heath, John Richard, 1992. "Evaluating the impact of Mexico's land reform on agricultural productivity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 695-711, May.
- Thomas Grennes & Barry Krissoff, 1993. "Agricultural Trade in a North American Free Trade Agreement," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 483-502, 07.
- Beghin, John C. & Roland-Holst, David & Van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 1995.
"Trade Liberalization and the Environment in the Pacific Basin: Coordinated Approaches to Mexican Trade and Environment Policy,"
Staff General Research Papers
1588, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Beghin, John C. & Roland-Holst, David & Van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 2005. "Trade Liberalization and the Environment in the Pacific Basin: Coordinated Approaches to Mexican Trade and Environment Policy," Staff General Research Papers 12742, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Levy, Santiago & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1995. "Transition Problems in Economic Reform: Agriculture in the North American Free Trade Agreement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 738-54, September.
- Garcia-Barrio, Raul & Garcia-Barrios, Luis, 1990. "Environmental and technological degradation in peasant agriculture: A consequence of development in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(11), pages 1569-1585, November.
- Sébastien Dessus & David Roland-Holst & Dominique van der Mensbrugghe, 1994. "Input-Based Pollution Estimates for Environmental Assessment in Developing Countries," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 101, OECD Publishing.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David & Jin, Yanhong, 2002. "Agricultural Trade, Development and Toxic Risk," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1401-1412, August.
- Thilo W. Glebe, 2003. "Assessing the agricultural trade and environment interaction: Taking stock and looking ahead," Discussion Papers 022003, Technische Universität München, Environmental Economics and Agricultural Policy Group.
- Peterson, Jeffrey M. & Boisvert, Richard N. & de Gorter, Harry, 1999. "Multifunctionality and Optimal Environmental Policies for Agriculture in an Open Economy," Working Papers 127701, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Anna Strutt & Kym Anderson, 2000. "Will Trade Liberalization Harm the Environment? The Case of Indonesia to 2020," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(3), pages 203-232, November.
- Salvator Nkunzimana & H. Alan Love & C. Richard Shumway, 2003. "Mexican agricultural trade under the GATT," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 449-459.
- Jie He & David Roland-Holst, 2010. "Economic Growth, Energy demand and Atmospheric Pollution: Challenges and Opportunities for China in the future 30 years," Cahiers de recherche 10-11, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Colyer, Dale, 2002. "Environmental Impacts Of Agricultural Trade Under Nafta," Conference Papers 19104, West Virginia University, Department of Agricultural Resource Economics.
- Toma, Luiza & Mathijs, Erik & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2006.
"Linkages between Agriculture, Trade and the Environment in the Context of the European Union Accession,"
45991, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Toma, Luiza & Mathijs, Erik & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar, 2006. "Linkages between Agriculture, Trade and the Environment in the Context of the European Union Accession," Working Papers 45991, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Ervin, David E. & Fox, Glenn, 1998. "Environmental Policy Considerations In The Grain-Livestock Subsectors In Canada, Mexico And The United States," Economic Harmonization in the Canadian\U.S.\Mexican Grain-Livestock Subsector; Proceedings of the 4th Agricultural and Food Policy Systems... 1998 16754, Farm Foundation, Agricultural and Food Policy Systems Information Workshops.
- Al-Amin, Abul Quasem & Abdul Hamid, Jaafar & Chamhuri, Siwar, 2008. "Macroeconomic effects of carbon dioxide emission reduction: a computable general equilibrium analysis for Malaysia," MPRA Paper 8667, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Ferrantino & Linda Linkins, 1999. "The effect of global trade liberalization on toxic emissions in industry," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 135(1), pages 128-155, March.
- Peter Walkenhorst, 2004. "Domestic And International Environmental Impacts Of Agricultural Trade Liberalisation," International Trade 0401010, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.