Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
January 2009, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 34-49 Public-private sector segmentation in the Pakistani labour market
by Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta
- 50-61 An alternative Indian model?
by Grabowski, Richard
- 62-68 Globalization and economic inequality in the short and long run: The case of South Korea 1975-1995
by Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 69-76 Modernization, inter-caste marriage, and dowry: An analytical perspective
by Self, Sharmistha & Grabowski, Richard
- 77-86 Returns to private and public education in Bangladesh and Pakistan: A comparative analysis
by Asadullah, M. Niaz
- 87-88 The Political Economy of the SARS Epidemic: The Impact on Human Resources in East Asia, Grace O.M. Lee, Malcolm Warner, Routledge London and New York, 2008, xxii+168 pp. $19.95, ISBN: 0-415-39498-8
by Kiefer, David
2008, Volume 19, Issue 5-6
- 373-377 A tribute to Seiji Naya
by La Croix, Sumner & Iboshi, Pearl Imada & Kea, Janis
- 378-388 A new institutional approach to pro-poor agricultural development: Lessons from Asia
by Roumasset, James
- 389-399 East Asian economic development: Two demographic dividends
by Mason, Andrew & Kinugasa, Tomoko
- 400-412 From plan to market in the health sector?: China's experience
by Eggleston, Karen & Wang, Jian & Rao, Keqin
- 413-424 Trade, foreign firms and economic policy in Indonesian and Thai manufacturing
by James, William E. & Ramstetter, Eric D.
- 425-437 The miracle to crisis and the mirage of the postcrisis reform in Korea: Assessment after ten years
by Lee, Keun & Lee, Chung H.
- 438-446 The Washington Consensus: A post-mortem
by McCleery, Robert K. & De Paolis, Fernando
- 447-454 Effects of regional integration on FDI: An empirical approach
by Kreinin, Mordechai E. & Plummer, Michael G.
- 455-466 China trade: Busting gravity's bounds
by Edmonds, Christopher & La Croix, Sumner & Li, Yao
- 467-473 The meaning of "social safety nets"
by Paitoonpong, Srawooth & Abe, Shigeyuki & Puopongsakorn, Nipon
- 474-485 Indonesian economic development: Mirage or miracle?
by Dowling, J. Malcolm & Yap, Chin-Fang
August 2008, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 301-311 The transition from imitation to innovation: An enquiry into China's evolving institutions and firm capabilities
by Dobson, Wendy & Safarian, A.E.
- 312-324 Efficiency change and productivity growth in agriculture: A comparative analysis for selected East Asian economies
by Luh, Yir-Hueih & Chang, Ching-Cheng & Huang, Fung-Mey
- 325-333 IT, enterprise reform, and productivity in Chinese manufacturing firms
by Motohashi, Kazuyuki
- 334-347 The role of creative innovation in economic growth: Some international comparisons
by LeBel, Phillip
- 348-357 The impact of past growth on poverty in Chinese provinces
by Chambers, Dustin & Wu, Ying & Yao, Hong
- 358-370 EU-China and the non-transparent race for inward FDI
by Oxelheim, Lars & Ghauri, Pervez
- 371-372 Riordan Roett and Guadalupe Paz, Editors, China's Expansion into the Western Hemisphere, Brookings Institution Press (2008) 276 pp.
by Pearson, Charles
June 2008, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 199-212 Real effects of common currencies in East Asia
by Shirono, Kazuko
- 213-223 Clothes without an Emperor: Analysis of the preferential tariffs in ASEAN
by Manchin, Miriam & Pelkmans-Balaoing, Annette O.
- 224-235 Consumer preferences and cost of living in Taiwan
by Lieu, Pang-Tien & Liang, Jung-Hui & Chen, Jui-Hui
- 236-243 The bilateral J-curve: Turkey versus her 13 trading partners
by Halicioglu, Ferda
- 244-253 Does rapid economic growth enhance democratization? Time-series evidence from high performing Asian economies
by Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Yung, Linda Chor Wing
- 254-258 Tests of microeconomic foundations of Asian common currency areas
by Swofford, James L.
- 259-293 Labour use efficiency in the Indian and Pakistani commercial banks
by Jaffry, Shabbar & Ghulam, Yaseen & Cox, Joe
- 294-295 Charles Harvey, Hyun-Hoon Lee and Junggun Oh, The Korean Economy: Post-Crisis Policies, Issues and Prospects , Edgar Elgar Publishing, Inc., Cheltanham, UK (2004) ISBN 1-84376-244-7 xii+324 pp.
by Satyasai, K.J.S.
- 296-297 X.-y. Dong, S. Song and X. Zhang, Editors, China's Agricultural Development--Challenges and Prospects, Ashgate Publishing, Hampshire, UK (2006) ISBN 0-7546-4696-3 pp. xii + 311
by Ghosh, Madhusudan
April 2008, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 101-116 Interdependencies among Asian bond markets
by Johansson, Anders C.
- 117-124 Singapore's recurrent budget surplus: The role of conservative growth forecasts
by Abeysinghe, Tilak & Jayawickrama, Ananda
- 125-137 Overeducation and undereducation in Taiwan
by Hung, Chia-Yu
- 138-154 Women's labor force participation and marriage: The case of Korea
by Lee, Bun Song & Jang, Soomyung & Sarkar, Jayanta
- 155-169 The liquidity trap: Japan, 1996-2001 versus the United States, 1933-1940
by Sato, Kazuo
- 170-180 Dynamic model of childbearing and labor force participation of married women: Empirical evidence from Korea and Japan
by Ueda, Atsuko
- 181-193 Market structure, conduct and performance: Evidence from the Bangladesh banking industry
by Samad, Abdus
- 194-195 Yoshiro Miwa and J. Mark Ramseyer, The Fable of the Keiretsu: Urban Legends of the Japanese Economy , The University of Chicago Press, Chicago and London (2006) ISBN 978-0226532707 pp. 192, $32.50
by Panda, Hrushikesh
- 196-197 A. Galal and R.Z. Lawrence, Anchoring Reform with a US-Egypt Free Trade Agreement , Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2005) 77 pp., $20, ISBN: 0-88132-368-2
by Peterson, E. Wesley F.
February 2008, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-28 Changing nature of North-South linkages: Stylized facts and explanations
by AkIn, Cigdem & Kose, M. Ayhan
- 29-39 Foreign ownership, technological capabilities and clothing exports in Sri Lanka
by Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 40-52 Behavioral and empirical perspectives on FDI: International capital allocation across Asia
by Brooks, Douglas H. & Roland-Holst, David & Zhai, Fan
- 53-73 Exchange rates, global imbalances, and interdependence in East Asia
by Mazier, Jacques & Oh, YongHyup & Saglio, Sophie
- 74-82 East Asian rankings of economics departments
by Jin, Jang C. & Hong, Jin-Heon
- 83-91 Macroeconomic impact of monetary policy shocks: Evidence from recent experience in Thailand
by Kubo, Akihiro
- 92-96 A note on educational performance of economics graduate programs in East and Southeast Asia
by Okazaki, Koji
- 97-98 M. Dutta J. Tinbergen and D.W. Jorgenson, Editors, European Union and the Euro Revolution: vol. 283 in the series "Contributions to Economic Analysis", Elsevier, Amsterdam (2007) 235 pp
by Winder, James P.
- 99-100 M. Zanasi, Saving the Nation: Economic Modernity in Republican China , The University of Chicago Press (2006) 320 pp., ISBN-13: 978 0 226 97873 4
by Moy, Ronald L.
December 2007, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 847-866 An East Asian currency union?: The empirical nature of macroeconomic shocks in East Asia
by Kim, David
- 867-882 Scale variable specification in a money demand function for Malaysia
by Dahalan, Jauhari & Sharma, Subhash C. & Sylwester, Kevin
- 883-903 Can Chinese banks compete after accession to WTO?
by Xu, Lei & Lin, Chien-Ting
- 904-914 Brothers in distress: Revolving capital flows of Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand
by Beja Jr., Edsel L.
- 915-933 Organisational inertia in Japanese institutions
by Asano, Akihito & Eto, Takaharu
- 934-945 Gender earnings differentials in Taiwan: A stochastic frontier approach
by Bishop, John A. & Grodner, Andrew & Liu, Haiyong & Chiou, Jong-Rong
- 946-966 Household schooling and child labor decisions in rural Bangladesh
by Shafiq, M. Najeeb
- 967-973 The effect of duty drawback on export promotion: The case of Korea
by Mah, Jai S.
- 974-987 Asia/Pacific Regional Trade Agreements: An empirical study
by Jugurnath, Bhavish & Stewart, Mark & Brooks, Robert
- 988-990 Jan Joost Teunissen and Age Akkerman, Editors, Helping the Poor? The IMF and Low-Income Countries, FONDAD, The Hague (2005) 253 pp., [euro]17. 50, ISBN: 90-74208-25-8
by Naquvi, Syed-Mohsin
- 991-992 Y. Wu, Editor, Economic Growth, Transition and Globalization in China, Edward Elgar Publishing, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2006) ISBN 978-1845427689 241 pp., (HC), $100.00
by Eaves, James
- 993-994 M. Ariff and A.M. Khalid, Liberalization and Growth in Asia: 21st Century Changes , Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2005) pp. 424, Price: US$ 60.00, ISBN: 978-1843767916 (HC)
by Fazio, Helen Asquine
- 995-997 I. Jeffries, Vietnam. A Guide to Economic and Political Developments , Routledge, UK (2006) 212 pp., ISBN: 10:0-415-39214-4
by Campbell, Al
- 998-1000 M.G. Edward and M.M. David , U.S. National Security and Foreign Direct Investment, Institute for International Economics (2006)
by Khan, Saleem M. & Vidovic, Martina
October 2007, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 709-7() Editorial
by Plummer, Mike
- 711-725 Economic integration and synchronization of business cycles in East Asia
by Rana, Pradumna B.
- 726-738 Is money targeting an option for Bank Indonesia?
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar
- 739-759 Finding the poor in Thailand
by Healy, Andrew J. & Jitsuchon, Somchai
- 760-774 Effect of government spending on non-oil GDP of Bahrain
by Nakibullah, Ashraf & Islam, Faridul
- 775-808 The gender pay gap in Vietnam, 1993-2002: A quantile regression approach
by Pham, Thai-Hung & Reilly, Barry
- 809-824 Early-stage financial globalization and corporate debt maturity: The case of South Korea, 1980-1994
by Guerrero, Federico
- 825-837 Sustainable development in Pakistan in the context of energy consumption demand and environmental degradation
by Alam, Shaista & Fatima, Ambreen & Butt, Muhammad S.
- 838-840 G.C. Hufbauer and R.E. Baldwin, The Shape of a Swiss-US Free-Trade Agreement, Institute for International Economics, Washington (2006) 359 pp., ISBN: 0-88132-385-3 (alk. paper)
by Campbell, Al
- 841-845 The New Public Finance, Published for the United Nations Development Programme, Inge Kaul, Pedro Conceicao (Eds.). Oxford University Press (2006)
by Bahl, Roy
August 2007, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 567-5() Editorial
by Dutta, Manoranjan
- 568-594 Real equilibrium exchange rate in China is the renminbi undervalued?
by Coudert, Virginie & Couharde, Cecile
- 595-612 Stock prices and trading volume: An assessment for linear and nonlinear Granger causality
by Rashid, Abdul
- 613-635 Knowledge stocks by distance to frontier: Linking low education inequality to high growth in developing countries
by Bowman, Kevin James
- 636-648 An analysis of labor wage differentials in Nepal
by Koirala, Govinda
- 649-669 Monetary policy, structural break and the monetary transmission mechanism in Thailand
by Hesse, Heiko
- 670-684 Dynamic conditional correlation analysis of financial market interdependence: An application to Thailand and Indonesia
by Kuper, Gerard H. & Lestano
- 685-700 Foreign direct investment and China's bilateral intra-industry trade with Japan and the US
by Xing, Yuqing
- 701-702 S. Cochran, Chinese Medicine Men: Consumer Culture in China and Southeast Asia, Harvard University Press (2006) ISBN 0-674-02161-4 242 pp.
by Merva, Mary
- 703-704 Edwin M. Truman, Editor, Reforming the IMF for the 21st Century, Institute for International Economics Special Report 19, Washington, D.C. (April 2006) 592 pp., Paperback, ISBN: 0-88132-387-X978-0-88132-387-0
by Asdrubali, Pierfederico
- 705-707 S.H. Jwa and I.K. Lee, Editors, Competition and Corporate Governance in Korea: Reforming and Restructuring the Chaebol, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2004) ISBN 1843769123 278 pp., HC, $110.00
by Choi, Jeong Pyo
June 2007, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 415-438 Regulatory changes and productivity of the banking sector in the Indian sub-continent
by Jaffry, Shabbar & Ghulam, Yaseen & Pascoe, Sean & Cox, Joe
- 439-447 Industrial business cycle linkages between Taiwan and the United States: Evidence from the IT industry
by Chou, Win Lin & Gau, Joshua J.S. & Liang, Kuo-Yuan
- 448-465 Characterizing exchange rate policy in East Asia: A reconsideration
by Chow, Hwee Kwan & Kim, Yoonbai & Sun, Wei
- 466-489 The effects of exchange rate fluctuations on economic activity in Turkey
by Kandil, Magda & Berument, Hakan & Dincer, N. Nergiz
- 490-508 The effects of regional characteristics on population growth in Korean cities, counties and wards
by Lee, Bun Song & Chun, Sun Eae & Kim, Suk Young
- 509-536 An empirical analysis on prospects and challenges of BIMSTEC-Japan trade integration
by Bhattacharya, Swapan K. & Bhattacharyay, Biswa N.
- 537-552 An analysis of the impacts of development on Gini inequality using grouped and individual observations: Examples from the 1998 Vietnamese Household Expenditure Data
by Kikuchi, Tadashi
- 553-561 World Investment Report 2006, FDI from Developing and Transition Economies: Implications for Development by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). United Nations Publications, New York (2006)
by Khan, Saleem M. & Khan, Zahira S.
- 562-563 R. Nagaraj, Aspects of India's Economic Growth and Reforms, Academic Foundation, New Delhi (2006) ISBN 81-7188-430-X 352 pp.
by Rosen, George
- 564-566 S.H. Jwa and I.K. Lee, Editors, Competition and Corporate Governance in Korea: Reforming and Restructuring the Chaebol, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK. Northamton, MA, USA (2004) ISBN 1 843769123 pp. xx +278
by Choi, Jeong-Pyo
April 2007, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 257-283 The transition to market-based monetary policy: What can China learn from the European experience?
by Forssbaeck, Jens & Oxelheim, Lars
- 284-293 Technology spillover from foreign-owned firms in Japanese manufacturing industry
by Murakami, Yukako
- 294-313 Examination of the efficient market hypothesis--the case of post-crisis Asia Pacific countries
by Kan, Denis & Andreosso-O'Callaghan, B.
- 314-330 Consistent estimates of world trade elasticities and an application to the effects of Chinese Yuan (RMB) appreciation
by Kwack, Sung Yeung & Ahn, Choong Y. & Lee, Young S. & Yang, Doo Y.
- 331-347 Perspiration versus inspiration: Lessons from a rapidly developing economy
by Mahadevan, Renuka
- 348-364 The place of FDI in China's regional economic development: Emergence of the globalized delta economies
by Tuan, Chyau & Ng, Linda Fung-Yee
- 365-383 Core inflation for India
by Durai, S. Raja Sethu & Ramachandran, M.
- 384-402 Is a regional trade bloc a prelude to multilateral trade liberalization?: Empirical evidence from the ASEAN-5 economies
by Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Onwuka, Kevin Odulukwe & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah
- 403-404 G. Clyde Hufbauer, Y. Wong and K. Sheth, US-China Trade Disputes: Rising Tide, Rising Stakes, Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2006) ISBN 978-0-88132-394-8 111 pp
by Westley, John
- 405-408 I.M. Destler (4th ed.), American Trade Politics vol. 450, Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2005) ISBN 0-88132-382-9 p. 450, Paperback, Price: $27.95
by Peterson, E. Wesley F.
- 409-410 Interfirm Relations Under Late Industrialization in China: The Supplier System in the Motorcycle Industry, M. Ohara. Institute of Developing Economies Japan External Trade Organization (2006). I.D.E. Occasional Papers Series No. 40, ISBN: 4-268-52040-3 C3033
by Pulino, Silvia
- 411-413 J.C.H. Chai and K.C. Roy, Economic Reform in China and India: Development Experience in a Comparative Perspective, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK (2006) v + 295 pp., Price $130, ISBN: 184064987
by Ghosh, Madhusudan
February 2007, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-3 Financial system reform and monetary policies in Asia
by Shimizu, Yoshinori & Ogawa, Eiji
- 4-20 10 Years after the crisis: Thailand's financial system reform
by Menkhoff, Lukas & Suwanaporn, Chodechai
- 21-41 Financial system reform in Taiwan
by Hwang, Dar-Yeh & Wu, Wei-Hsiung
- 42-62 Impacts of the BIS regulation on the Japanese economy
by Shimizu, Yoshinori
- 63-75 Property prices and bank lending in China
by Liang, Qi & Cao, Hua
- 76-97 Corporate governance and investment in East Asian firms--empirical analysis of family-controlled firms
by Hanazaki, Masaharu & Liu, Qun
- 98-124 Inflation-output trade-offs in an optimization-based econometric framework applied to an open economy: The case of Japan
by Okano, Eiji
- 125-143 Optimal monetary policy in a small open economy: The case of Korea
by Chung, Jaesik & Jung, Yongseung & Yang, Doo Yong
- 144-157 Thai monetary policy transmission in an inflation targeting era
by Charoenseang, June & Manakit, Pornkamol
- 158-174 Bank portfolio model and monetary policy in Indonesia
by Zulverdi, Doddy & Gunadi, Iman & Pramono, Bambang
- 175-194 Asymmetric responses of East Asian currencies to the US dollar depreciation for reducing the US current account deficits
by Ogawa, Eiji & Kudo, Takeshi
- 195-216 Do Asian investors rebalance their portfolios and what are the consequences?
by Garcia-Herrero, Alicia & Terada-Hagiwara, Akiko
- 217-236 Measuring financial market contagion using dually-traded stocks of Asian firms
by Iwatsubo, Kentaro & Inagaki, Kazuyuki
- 237-256 Daily Rp/USD stochastic volatility and the policy implication lesson
by Hardiyanto, A.V.
December 2006, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 955-978 Maximum entropy ensembles for time series inference in economics
by Vinod, Hrishikesh D.
- 979-995 Efficiency and productivity analyses of Indonesian manufacturing industries
by Margono, Heru & Sharma, Subhash C.
- 996-1013 Knowledge spillovers from foreign direct investment in R&D: Evidence from Japanese firm-level data
by Todo, Yasuyuki
- 1014-1029 Two-step on-the-job search--Evidence from Taiwan
by Tao, Hung-Lin & Huang, Chin-Hsiang
- 1030-1043 Price convergence among Indian cities: A cointegration approach
by Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub & Ahn, Sung K. & Lee, Minsoo
- 1044-1065 Pay differences between teachers and other occupations: Some empirical evidence from Bangladesh
by Asadullah, Mohammad Niaz
- 1066-1081 The R-computing language: Potential for Asian economists
by Lopez-de-Lacalle, Javier
- 1082-1106 FDI, exports, and GDP in East and Southeast Asia--Panel data versus time-series causality analyses
by Hsiao, Frank S.T. & Hsiao, Mei-Chu W.
- 1107-1127 On the feasibility of a regional exchange rate system for East Asia: Lessons of the 1992/1993 EMS crisis
by Volz, Ulrich
- 1128-1130 T.H. Moran, E.M. Grahm and M. Blomstrom, Editors, Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Development?, Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (April 2005).T. Ito and A.D. Kruger, Editors, The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in East Asian Economic Development, NBER, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago (2000)
by Khan, Saleem M.
- 1131-1133 S. Chirathivat, E. Claassen and J. Schroeder, Editors, East Asia's Monetary Future: Integration in the Global Economy, Edward Elgar, Northampton (2004) 250 pp., Price: US$ 100, ISBN: 1843764628 (HC)
by Eaves, James
- 1134-1135 C. Findlay and H. Soesastro, Editors, Reshaping the Asia Pacific Economic Order, Taylor & Francis Group (2006) ISBN 0-203-33740-9 Price [euro]89.51
by Westley, J.
- 1136-1137 I. Goldin and K. Reinert, Globalization for Development: Trade, Finance, Aid, Migration and Policy, World Bank and Palgrave Macmillan, Washington, DC, and New York (2006) ISBN 0821362747 308 pp.
by Westley, John
November 2006, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 775-796 Positive economic incentives: New behavioral economics and successful economic transitions
by Letiche, John M.
- 797-817 China and India: Income inequality and poverty north and south of the Himalayas
by Borooah, Vani K. & Gustafsson, Bjorn & Li, Shi
- 818-831 Analyzing the Korea's growth experience: The application of R&D and human capital based growth models with demography
by Kwack, Sung Yeung & Lee, Young Sun
- 832-851 Taiwan's paradigm of integrated industrialization with optimum macroeconomic parameters
by Dutta, M.
- 852-866 An estimation of growth model for South Korea using human capital
by Kang, Jung Mo
- 867-878 Is innovation the story of Taiwan's economic growth?
by Yang, Chih-Hai
- 879-903 Deficits, debt financing, monetary policy and inflation in developing countries: Internal or external factors?: Evidence from Iran
by Kia, Amir
- 904-922 Modernizing economic education in the global economy with reference to Pakistan
by Khan, Saleem M. & Naru, Aslam M.
- 923-938 An ASEAN customs union?
by Plummer, Michael G.
- 939-940 D.-O. Kim, J. Bae and T.-W. Kim, Employment Relations & HRM in South Korea, Ashgate, Aldershot (2004) 238 pp.,1 Hardcover, Price: $ 114.95, ISBN: 0754613569
by Verma, Anil
- 941-942 I.F. Jeffries, North Korea: A Guide to Economic and Political Developments, Routledge (2006) 525 pp., ISBN: 0-415-34324-0
by Ahn, Eungho
- 943-951 T. Ito and A.K. Rose, Editors, Growth and Productivity in East Asia, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago (2004), p. 389
by Bowman, Kevin J. & Khan, Saleem M.
- 952-953 G.C. Hufbauer and P.L.E. Grieco, Reforming the US Corporate Tax, Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2005) xi + 115 pp., Price: US$ 19.95, ISBN 0-88132-384-5
by David, Kiefer
October 2006, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 557-582 The dynamics of manufacturing competitiveness in South Asia: An analysis through export data
by Brunner, Hans-Peter & Cali, Massimiliano
- 583-600 A smooth ride: Terms of trade, volatility and GDP growth
by Grimes, Arthur
- 601-621 Understanding the economic development of Korea from a co-evolutionary perspective
by Yang, Joon-Mo & Kim, Tae-Wan & Han, Hyun-Ok
- 622-645 Trade and business cycle co-movements in Asia-Pacific
by Kumakura, Masanaga
- 646-652 The effect of export insurance subsidy on export supply: The experience of Japan
by Mah, Jai S.
- 653-666 R&D investment and the government's R&D policies of electronics industries in Korea and Taiwan
by Nagano, Mamoru
- 667-690 The role of financial development in economic growth: The experiences of Taiwan, Korea, and Japan
by Liu, Wan-Chun & Hsu, Chen-Min
- 691-713 Spatial agglomeration, FDI, and regional growth in China: Locality of local and foreign manufacturing investments
by Ng, Linda Fung-Yee & Tuan, Chyau
- 714-737 Comparative cost study of foreign and Thai domestic banks in 1990-2002: Its policy implications for a desirable banking industry structure
by Okuda, Hidenobu & Rungsomboon, Suvadee
- 738-757 Openness, growth, and inflation: Evidence from South Korea before the economic crisis
by Jin, Jang C.
- 758-759 L.C. Yah, Southeast Asia: The Long Road Ahead, 2nd ed., World Scientific, Singapore (2004) ISBN 9812387250 415 pp., Paperback, $32.00
by Fazio, Helen Asquine
- 760-762 O. Yul Kwon, S.-H. Jwa and K.-T. Lee, Editors, Korea's New Economic Strategy in the Globalization Era, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK (2004) ISBN 1843760452 247 pp., Hardcover, $115
by Halemane, Thirumala Raya
- 763-764 M.L. Bian, Editor, The Making of the State Enterprise System in Modern China: The Dynamics of Institutional Change, Harvard University Press (2005) ISBN 0-674-01717-X
by Merva, Mary
- 765-767 M. Dutta, Editor, China's Industrial Revolution and Economic Presence, World Scientific, New Jersey, London, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei and Chennai (2006)
by Cuyvers, Ludo
- 768-769 T. Ito, H. Patrick and D.E. Weinstein, Editors, Reviving Japan's economy: Problems and prescriptions, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2005) 425 pp., ISBN: 0-262-09040-6
by Merva, Mary
- 770-772 S. Russel, O.K. Tam, M. Warner and C.J. Zhu, Editors, China's Business Reforms: Institutional Challenges in a Globalized Economy, Routledge Curzon, London (2005) ISBN 0415345170 288 pp., Hardcover, Price: US$ 125.00
by Colton, Nora Ann
- 773-774 G.C. Chow, China's Economic Transformation, Blackwell Publishing (2002) ISBN 0-631-23330-X 407 pp.
by Yan, Isabel K.M.
June 2006, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 381-394 Is East Asia becoming more interdependent?
by Petri, Peter A.
- 395-416 EU integration and its implications for Asian economies: What we do and do not know
by Langhammer, Rolf J. & Schweickert, Rainer
- 417-426 On the composition of Asian central bank reserves: Will the euro replace the dollar?
by Click, Reid W.
- 427-447 ASEAN-EU economic relationship: Integration and lessons for the ASEAN economic community
by Plummer, Michael G.
- 448-477 Regional evolutions in labor markets in the Philippines: A dynamic approach
by Montalvo, Jose G.
- 478-493 Does greater exchange rate flexibility affect interest rates in post-crisis Asia?
by Chow, Hwee Kwan & Kim, Yoonbai
- 494-508 The changing demand for apparel in New Zealand and import protection
by Khaled, Mohammed & Lattimore, Ralph
- 509-518 Changing bilateral trade between China and India
by Wu, Yanrui & Zhou, Zhangyue
- 519-534 The state of competition of the Chinese banking industry
by Yuan, Yuan
- 535-552 Interrelationships among stock prices of Taiwan and Japan and NTD/Yen exchange rate
by Yau, Hwey-Yun & Nieh, Chien-Chung
- 553-555 Four books related to Japan.Reviving Japan's Economy: Problems and Prescriptions, T. Ito, H. Patrick, D. Weinstein (Eds.). MIG Press, Cambridge, Mass and London (2005).The State of Civil Society in Japan, F.J. Schwartz, S. Pharr (Eds.). Cambridge University Press (2003).A History of Japan, 1582-1941: Internal and External Worlds, L.M. Cullen. Cambridge University Press (2003)
by Hagan Kuwayama, Patricia
April 2006, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 203-206 Editor's introduction: Trade, taxes and economic growth: The case of Asia and Africa
by Agbeyegbe, Terence D.
- 207-225 The economic impacts of China and India on sub-Saharan Africa: Trends and prospects
by Jenkins, Rhys & Edwards, Chris
- 226-240 Fear of China
by Eichengreen, Barry & Tong, Hui
- 241-260 Foreign direct investment in Africa: Performance, challenges, and responsibilities
by Dupasquier, Chantal & Osakwe, Patrick N.
- 261-284 Trade liberalization, exchange rate changes, and tax revenue in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Agbeyegbe, Terence D. & Stotsky, Janet & WoldeMariam, Asegedech
- 285-293 Export-promotion under revenue constraints: The case of tariff-rebate on intermediate inputs in Pakistan
by Lahiri, Sajal & Nasim, Anjum
- 294-315 Regional income divergence in China
by Pedroni, Peter & Yao, James Yudong
- 316-332 Globalization of finance and the challenge of national financial sector development
by Obadan, Mike I.
- 333-349 Impact assessment of the multilateral agricultural trade negotiations on CEMAC countries
by Bamou, Ernest & Tchanou, Jean Pierre
- 350-362 Aid and growth: A study of South East Asia
by Burke, Paul J. & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z.
- 363-373 Portfolio investment flows to Asia and Latin America: Pull, push or market sentiment?
by Baek, In-Mee
- 374-375 T. Ito and A.O. Krueger, Editors, Governance, Regulation, and Privatization in the Asia-Pacific Region. NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics Series vol. 12, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago (2004) (480 pp., US$ 95.00, ISBN 0-226-38679-1)
by Atolia, Manoj
- 376-377 D. Lu and W.A.W. Neilson, Editors, China's West Region Development, World Scientific Publishing Co., US and UK (2004) (578 pp., ISBN 981-238-800-1)
by Merva, Mary
- 378-379 M.L. Bian, Editor, The Making of the State Enterprise System in Modern China: The Dynamics of Institutional Change, Harvard University Press (2005), p. 331 (ISBN 0-674-01717-X)
by Merva, Mary
February 2006, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-4 Introduction to the symposium: The link between entrepreneurship and human rights
by Vinod, Hrishikesh D.
- 5-13 Socio-cultural influences on Indian entrepreneurs: The need for appropriate structural interventions
by Shivani, Shradha & Mukherjee, S.K. & Sharan, Raka
- 14-28 Should Asians demand both entrepreneurship and human rights?
by Vinod, Hrishikesh D.
- 29-34 How higher education in rural India helps human rights and entrepreneurship
by Kaushik, Surendra K. & Kaushik, Shorav & Kaushik, Shobha
- 35-40 Pro-poor economic growth: Role of small and medium sized enterprises
by Agbeibor, Winfred Jr.
- 41-49 Privatizing human rights initiatives: How Asian countries can avoid the flaws in the U.S. model
by Bucholtz, Barbara K.
- 50-55 Adoption of corporate social responsibility codes by multinational companies
by Levis, Julien
- 56-62 Sustainable capitalism or ethical transnationalism: Offshore production and economic development
by Lobel, Orly
- 63-84 Empirical assessment of sustainability and feasibility of government debt: The Philippines case
by Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Quising, Pilipinas
- 85-102 Valuing the health impacts of air pollution in Hong Kong
by Brajer, Victor & Mead, Robert W. & Xiao, Feng