Organising a market: Photovoltaics in Germany
The article analyses the case of a successful innovation in the energy sector: the development of a market for Photovoltaics. It argues that - given the special characteristics of the energy sector - successful innovation depends on strong political support and an advocacy coalition. The method chosen to realize a successful innovation constituted the creation of a quickly expanding niche market especially with the help of regulatory instruments.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/soz/oi/index.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Lauber, Volkmar, 2006. "The politics and policy of energy system transformation--explaining the German diffusion of renewable energy technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 256-276, February.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1999. "Innovation and inter-firm linkages: new implications for policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 793-805, November.
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2011. "Radical change as gradual transformation: Characteristics and variants of socio-technical transitions," Research Contributions to Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies, SOI Discussion Papers 2011-03, .
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2011. "Wandel durch Technik: Eine Theorie soziotechnischer Transformation," Schriften aus dem Max-Planck-Institut für Gesellschaftsforschung Köln, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, volume 73, number 73.
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2011. "The music industry and the internet: A decade of disruptive and uncontrolled sectoral change," Research Contributions to Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies, SOI Discussion Papers 2011-02, .
- Rebecca Harding, 2000. "Resilience In German Technology Policy: Innovation Through Institutional Symbiotic Tension," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 223-243.
- Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Cluster-Based Technology Policy—The German Experience," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 69-94.
- Staffan Jacobsson & Björn A. Andersson & Lennart Bångens, 2002. "Transforming the energy system - the evolution of the German technological system for solar cells," SPRU Working Paper Series 84, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:stusoi:201201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.