Organising a market: Photovoltaics in Germany
The article analyses the case of a successful innovation in the energy sector: the development of a market for Photovoltaics. It argues that - given the special characteristics of the energy sector - successful innovation depends on strong political support and an advocacy coalition. The method chosen to realize a successful innovation constituted the creation of a quickly expanding niche market especially with the help of regulatory instruments.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/soz/oi/index.html|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2011. "Radical change as gradual transformation: Characteristics and variants of socio-technical transitions," Research Contributions to Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies, SOI Discussion Papers 2011-03, University of Stuttgart, Institute for Social Sciences, Department of Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies.
- Rebecca Harding, 2000. "Resilience In German Technology Policy: Innovation Through Institutional Symbiotic Tension," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 223-243.
- Staffan Jacobsson & Björn A. Andersson & Lennart Bångens, 2002. "Transforming the energy system - the evolution of the German technological system for solar cells," SPRU Working Paper Series 84, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2011. "The music industry and the internet: A decade of disruptive and uncontrolled sectoral change," Research Contributions to Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies, SOI Discussion Papers 2011-02, University of Stuttgart, Institute for Social Sciences, Department of Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies.
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Lauber, Volkmar, 2006. "The politics and policy of energy system transformation--explaining the German diffusion of renewable energy technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 256-276, February.
- Dolata, Ulrich, 2011. "Wandel durch Technik: Eine Theorie soziotechnischer Transformation," Schriften aus dem Max-Planck-Institut für Gesellschaftsforschung Köln, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, volume 73, number 73.
- Dirk Dohse, 2007. "Cluster-Based Technology Policy—The German Experience," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 69-94.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1999. "Innovation and inter-firm linkages: new implications for policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 793-805, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:stusoi:201201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.