The origins of the (cooperative) species: Raiffeisen banking in the Netherlands, 1898-1909
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angel Pascual Martinez-Soto & Susana Martinez-Rodriguez & Ildefonso Mendez, 2012. "Spain's development of rural credit cooperatives from 1900 to 1936: the role of financial resources and formal education," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 449-468, November.
- Ingrid Henriksen & Eoin McLaughlin & Paul Sharp, 2015.
"Contracts and cooperation: the relative failure of the Irish dairy industry in the late nineteenth century reconsidered,"
European Review of Economic History,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 412-431.
- Ingrid Henriksen & Eoin McLaughlin & Paul Sharp, 2015. "Contracts and cooperation: The relative failure of the Irish dairy industry in the late nineteenth century reconsidered," Working Papers 0071, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Henriksen, Ingrid & McLaughlin, Eoin & Sharp, Paul, 2015. "Contracts and cooperation: The relative failure of the Irish dairy industry in the late nineteenth century reconsidered," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 216, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Ingrid Henriksen & Eoin McLaughlin & Paul Sharp, 2015. "Contracts and Cooperation: The Relative Failure of the Irish Dairy Industry in the Late Nineteenth Century Reconsidered," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2015-01, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Wintle,Michael, 2000. "An Economic and Social History of the Netherlands, 1800â€“1920," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521782951.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Timothy Besley & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1994.
"Thy Neighbor's Keeper: The Design of a Credit Cooperative with Theory and a Test,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 491-515.
- Guinnane, T. & Banerjee, A. & Besley, T., 1993. "Thy Neighbor's Keeper: the Design of a Credit Cooperative with Theory and a Test," Papers 705, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Guinnane, Timothy W., 2001.
"Cooperatives As Information Machines: German Rural Credit Cooperatives, 1883 1914,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 366-389, June.
- Timothy W. Guinnane, 1997. "Cooperatives as Information Machines: German Rural Credit Cooperatives, 1883-1914," Discussion Papers 97-20, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Heidi Deneweth & Oscar Gelderblom & Joost Jonker, 2014. "Microfinance And The Decline Of Poverty: Evidence From The Nineteenth-Century Netherlands," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 39(1), pages 79-110, March.
- Colvin, Christopher L., 2017.
"Banking on a Religious Divide: Accounting for the Success of the Netherlands' Raiffeisen Cooperatives in the Crisis of the 1920s,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 77(03), pages 866-919, September.
- Colvin, Christopher L., 2017. "Banking on a religious divide: Accounting for the success of the Netherlands' Raiffeisen cooperatives in the crisis of the 1920s," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2017-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Galassi, Francesco L., 2001. "Measuring social capital: Culture as an explanation of Italy's economic dualism," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 29-59, April.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, January.
- repec:cge:wacage:2016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Polsi, Alessandro, 1996. "Financial institutions in nineteenth-century Italy. The rise of a banking system," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 117-137, October.
- Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur, 1998. "Microcredit: What can we learn from the past?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1875-1891, October.
- Eoin McLaughlin, 2014. "'Profligacy in the encouragement of thrift': Savings banks in Ireland, 1817-1914," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(4), pages 569-591, June.
- Christopher L. Colvin & Eoin McLaughlin, 2014. "Raiffeisenism abroad: why did German cooperative banking fail in Ireland but prosper in the Netherlands?," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(2), pages 492-516, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCooperative banking; the Netherlands; Raiffeisen; religion;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N83 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:qucehw:201803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chqubuk.html .