Do aid donors specialize and coordinate within recipient countries? The case of Malawi
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Albena Sotirova & Rainer Thiele, 2016. "Do Aid Donors Specialize and Coordinate within Recipient Countries? The case of Malawi," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 34(6), pages 831-849, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Fuchs & Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler, 2015.
"Why Donors of Foreign Aid Do Not Coordinate: The Role of Competition for Export Markets and Political Support,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 255-285, February.
- Fuchs, Andreas & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes, 2013. "Why donors of foreign aid do not coordinate: The role of competition for export markets and political support," Kiel Working Papers 1825, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bigsten, Arne & Tengstam, Sven, 2015.
"International Coordination and the Effectiveness of Aid,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 75-85.
- Bigsten, Arne & Tengstam, Sven, 2012. "International Coordination and the Effectiveness of Aid," WIDER Working Paper Series 032, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Knack, Stephen & Rahman, Aminur, 2007.
"Donor fragmentation and bureaucratic quality in aid recipients,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 176-197, May.
- Knack,Stephen & Rahman, Aminur, 2004. "Donor fragmentation and bureaucratic quality in aid recipients," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3186, The World Bank.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Hannes Öhler & Rainer Thiele, 2013.
"Donor coordination and specialization: did the Paris Declaration make a difference?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 149(3), pages 537-563, September.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Öhler, Hannes & Thiele, Rainer, 2011. "Donor coordination and specialization: Did the Paris declaration make a difference?," Kiel Working Papers 1748, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sumner, Andy, 2012. "Where Do The Poor Live?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 865-877.
- Hannes Öhler & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2014.
"Needs-Based Targeting or Favoritism? The Regional Allocation of Multilateral Aid within Recipient Countries,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 420-446, August.
- Öhler, Hannes & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2013. "Needs-based targeting or favoritism? The regional allocation of multilateral aid within recipient countries," Kiel Working Papers 1838, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Arnab Acharya & Ana Teresa Fuzzo de Lima & Mick Moore, 2006. "Proliferation and fragmentation: Transactions costs and the value of aid," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 1-21.
- Findley, Michael G. & Powell, Josh & Strandow, Daniel & Tanner, Jeff, 2011. "The Localized Geography of Foreign Aid: A New Dataset and Application to Violent Armed Conflict," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1995-2009.
- Iñaki Aldasoro & Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Thiele, 2010.
"Less aid proliferation and more donor coordination? The wide gap between words and deeds,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 920-940.
- Aldasoro, Iñaki & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer, 2009. "Less aid proliferation and more donor coordination? The wide gap between words and deeds," Kiel Working Papers 1516, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kimura, Hidemi & Mori, Yuko & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2012.
"Aid Proliferation and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-10.
- KIMURA Hidemi & SAWADA Yasuyuki & MORI Yuko, 2007. "Aid Proliferation and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis," Discussion papers 07044, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Heidi Tavakoli & Gregory Smith, 2013. "Back under the Microscope: Insights from Evidence on Budget Support," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(1), pages 59-74, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:revint:v:12:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11558-017-9270-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:133-148 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsforeign aid; aid proliferation; donor coordination; Malawi;
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwkwp:1991. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.