Superstatistics of Labour Productivity in Manufacturing and Nonmanufacturing Sectors
Labour productivity distribution (dispersion) is studied both theoretically and empirically. Superstatistics is presented as a natural theoretical framework for productivity. The demand index ê is proposed within this framework as a new business index. Japanese productivity data covering small-to-medium to large firms from 1996 to 2006 is analyzed and the power-law for both firms and workers is established. The demand index ê is evaluated in the manufacturing sector. A new discovery is reported for the nonmanufacturing (service) sector, which calls for expansion of the superstatistics framework to negative temperature range.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masanao Aoki, "undated". "Reconstructing Macroeconomics: A Perspective from Statistical Physics and Combinatorial Stochastic Processes," UCLA Economics Online Papers 390, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hideaki Aoyama & Hiroshi Yoshikawa & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Yoshi Fujiwara, 2008. "Labour Productivity Superstatistics," Papers 0809.3541, arXiv.org.
- Aoki,Masanao & Yoshikawa,Hiroshi, 2007. "Reconstructing Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521831062, December.
- Yuichi Ikeda & Wataru Souma, 2008. "International Comparison of Labor Productivity Distribution for Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing Firms," Papers 0812.0208, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- AOYAMA Hideaki & YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi & IYETOMI Hiroshi & FUJIWARA Yoshi, 2008. "Productivity Dispersion: Facts, Theory, and Implications," Discussion papers 08035, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:7463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.