Superstatistics of Labour Productivity in Manufacturing and Nonmanufacturing Sectors
Labour productivity distribution (dispersion) is studied both theoretically and empirically. Superstatistics is presented as a natural theoretical framework for productivity. The demand index ê is proposed within this framework as a new business index. Japanese productivity data covering small-to-medium to large firms from 1996 to 2006 is analyzed and the power-law for both firms and workers is established. The demand index ê is evaluated in the manufacturing sector. A new discovery is reported for the nonmanufacturing (service) sector, which calls for expansion of the superstatistics framework to negative temperature range.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masanao Aoki, "undated". "Reconstructing Macroeconomics: A Perspective from Statistical Physics and Combinatorial Stochastic Processes," UCLA Economics Online Papers 390, UCLA Department of Economics.
- AOYAMA Hideaki & YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi & IYETOMI Hiroshi & FUJIWARA Yoshi, 2008. "Productivity Dispersion: Facts, Theory, and Implications," Discussion papers 08035, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Yuichi Ikeda & Wataru Souma, 2008. "International Comparison of Labor Productivity Distribution for Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing Firms," Papers 0812.0208, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Aoki,Masanao & Yoshikawa,Hiroshi, 2007. "Reconstructing Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521831062, September.
- Hideaki Aoyama & Hiroshi Yoshikawa & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Yoshi Fujiwara, 2008. "Labour Productivity Superstatistics," Papers 0809.3541, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:7463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.