Conflicting Patterns of Thought in the Russian Debate on Transition: 1992-2002
The present study is a continuation of an earlier paper by the same author dealing with the economic debates in the Soviet Union between 1987 and 1991 (HWWA Discussion Paper 324; Europe-Asia Studies vol. 58, no. 2). After there had been a paradigm shift in Russian economics around 1990, in the period under review the Russian economists increasingly returned to the path-dependent shared mental models prevailing in their country. In particular, the old debate between ?Westernizers? and Slavophiles was forcefully revived after the liberal reform concept seemed to have failed to solve the socioeconomic problems. The conflict between these camps has not yet been settled. This, I argue, makes it difficult to predict the further development of Russia?s economic and political order.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, D-20347 Hamburg|
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/handle/10419/20
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sutela,Pekka, 1991. "Economic Thought and Economic Reform in the Soviet Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521389020, December.
- Sutela,Pekka, 1991. "Economic Thought and Economic Reform in the Soviet Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521380201, December.
- R. Nureev & Yu. Latov, 2001. ""Fruits of Enlightment" (New Russian Economic Science on the Threshold of the III Millennium)," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 1.
- Aleksandr Buzgalin, 1994. "Economic Theory in Russia: From Crisis to a New Paradigm?," Problems of Economic Transition, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 37(5), pages 19-34, September.
- A. Oleinik, 1997. "In Search of Institutional Theory of a Transition Society," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 10.
- A. Shastitko, 1999. "Friedrich Hayek and Neoinstitutionalism," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 6.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwadp:345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.