The Urgent Need for an Economics of “Hategoatism”
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Klein, Daniel, 2004. "The People’s Romance: Why People Love Government (as much as they do)," Ratio Working Papers 31, The Ratio Institute, revised 11 May 2005.
- Payson Steven, 2019. "Cite This Economics Paper! It Is Time for the House of Cards to Fall Down," Open Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-18, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Klein, Daniel & Orsborn, Aaron, 2009. "Concatenate coordination and mutual coordination," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 176-187, October.
- Klein, Daniel & Pan, Xiaofei & Houser, Daniel & Schwarz, Gonzalo, 2011. "Experiment on the Demand for Encompassment," Ratio Working Papers 163, The Ratio Institute.
- Art Carden & Joshua Hall, 2010. "Why Are Some Places Rich While Others Are Poor? The Institutional Necessity Of Economic Freedom," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 48-54, March.
- Klein, Daniel B., 2008. "Resorting to Statism to Find Meaning:Conservatism and Leftism," Ratio Working Papers 126, The Ratio Institute.
- Daniel B Klein & Xiaofei (Sophia) Pan & Daniel Houser & Gonzalo Schwarz, 2015. "A demand for encompassment: A Hayekian experimental parable about political psychology," Rationality and Society, , vol. 27(1), pages 70-95, February.
- Daniel B. Klein & Harika Anna Barlett, 2008. "Left Out: A Critique of Paul Krugman Based on a Comprehensive Account of His New York Times Columns, 1997 through 2006," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(1), pages 109-133, January.
- Ted Balaker & Cecilia Joung Kim, 2006. "Do Economists Reach a Conclusion On Rail Transit?," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(3), pages 551-602, September.
- Douglas A. Houston, 2005. "The Case for Paternalism Revisited: Updating the Friedman Critique," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 21(Fall 2005), pages 105-122.
- Petra C. Besenhard & Nikolai G. Wenzel, 2017. "Circumventing the predatory state: Lessons and futures for the Tuareg from the new development economics," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 16(3), pages 245-259, September.
More about this item
Keywordsscapegoat; Libertarianism; hate; discrimination; prejudice; government; ethics; economics; labor; blame; fairness; responsibility; economists; demonization; dehumanization;
All these keywords.
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- B53 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Austrian
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H12 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Crisis Management
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J17 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Value of Life; Foregone Income
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- P17 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Performance and Prospects
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PKE-2019-07-15 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.