The strategic value of investments in Chinese banks by foreign financial institutions
China's banking market is one of the most attractive investment targets for financial institutions worldwide especially since the opening up of the market in December 2006. Based on interviews with experts this paper analyses the question of benefits and risks of foreign direct investments into Chinese banks. As a result it can be shown that there is no unique answer. Rather it depends on the strategic goals of the foreign institute itself. The paper recommends certain strategies based on the answers of the experts.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Sonnemannstraße 9-11, 60314 Frankfurt am Main|
Phone: 069 154008-0
Web page: http://www.frankfurt-school.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schalast, Christoph & Daynes, Christian, 2005. "Distressed debt-investing in Deutschland: Geschäftsmodelle und Perspektiven," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 66, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Schalast, Christoph, 2008. "Der deutsche NPL-Markt 2007: aktuelle Entwicklungen, Verkauf und Bewertung ; Berichte und Referate des NPL-Forums 2007," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 90, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Anders, Dietmar & Binder, Andreas & Hesdahl, Ralf & Schalast, Christoph & Thöne, Thomas, 2004. "Aktuelle Fragen des Bank- und Kapitalmarktrechts I: Non-Performing-Loans/Faule Kredite - Handel, Work-Out, Outsourcing und Securitisation," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 54, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Dickler, Robert A. & Schalast, Christoph, 2006. "Distressed debt in Germany: What's next? Possible innovative exit strategies," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 73, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Bannier, Christina E. & Hänsel, Dennis N., 2007. "Determinants of banks' engagement in loan securitization," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 85, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Schanz, Kay-Michael & Richard, Jörg & Schalast, Christoph, 2004. "Unternehmen im Prime Standard staying public oder going private? Nutzenanalyse der Börsennotiz," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 60, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Ansgar Belke & Thorsten Polleit, 2006.
"How the ECB and the US Fed Set Interest Rates,"
Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim
269/2006, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fsfmwp:91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.