A vendor-purchaser economic lot size problem with remanufacturing and deposit
An economic lot size problem is studied in which a single vendor supplies a single purchaser with a homogeneous product and takes a certain fraction of the used items back for remanufacturing, in exchange for a deposit transferred to the purchaser. For the given demand, productivity, fixed ordering and setup costs, amount of the deposit, unit disposal, production and remanufacturing costs, and unit holding costs at the vendor and the purchaser, the cost-minimal order/lot sizes and remanufacturing rates are determined for the purchaser, the vendor, the whole system assuming partners' cooperation, and for a bargaining scheme in which the vendor offers an amount of the deposit and a remanufacturing rate, and the purchaser responds by setting an order size.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Grosse Scharrnstrasse 59, 15230 Frankfurt (Oder)|
Phone: +49 (0)335 5534 2387
Fax: +49 (0)335 5534 2516
Web page: http://www.wiwi.euv-frankfurt-o.de/en/index.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Affisco, John F. & Javad Paknejad, M. & Nasri, Farrokh, 2002. "Quality improvement and setup reduction in the joint economic lot size model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(3), pages 497-508, November.
- Sucky, Eric, 2005. "Inventory management in supply chains: A bargaining problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 253-262, January.
- Gou, Qinglong & Liang, Liang & Huang, Zhimin & Xu, Chuanyong, 2008. "A joint inventory model for an open-loop reverse supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 28-42, November.
- Mitra, Subrata, 2009. "Analysis of a two-echelon inventory system with returns," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 106-115, February.
- Rajeev Kohli & Heungsoo Park, 1989. "A Cooperative Game Theory Model of Quantity Discounts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(6), pages 693-707, June.
- Richter, Knut & Dobos, Imre, 1999. "Analysis of the EOQ repair and waste disposal problem with integer setup numbers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-3), pages 463-467, March.
- Hill, Roger M., 1997. "The single-vendor single-buyer integrated production-inventory model with a generalised policy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 493-499, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:euvwdp:304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.