What the Keynesian theory said about Portugal?
With this work it is intended to analyze the contributions of the Keynesian theory to the explanation of the regional evolution in Portugal. Considering the Keynesian models in different perspectives and taking into account the Verdoorn (1949) relationship it is did data and econometric analysis for the Portuguese economy in the period from 1995 to 1999. There are not many or none works based in the Keynesian theory and in the Verdoorn relationship for Portugal, namely at regional level. On the other hand the models based in this theory are regularly used to explain the regional economic growth in many countries. So, it is thought that analyze the economic Portuguese context with this theory is an important contribution to the economic theory and to the Portuguese understanding. As main conclusion it can be said that the Keynesian theory show for Portugal, in this period, regional and sectoral divergence.
|Date of creation:||18 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Düsternbrooker Weg 120, 24105 Kiel / Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, 20354 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814-520
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011.
"Spatial Effects and Verdoorn Law in the Portuguese Context,"
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "Spatial effects and Verdoorn law in the Portuguese context," MPRA Paper 32183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011.
"An Alternative Use of the Verdoorn Law at the Portuguese NUTs II Level,"
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011. "An alternative use of the Verdoorn law at the Portuguese nuts II level," MPRA Paper 32189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stilianos Alexiadis & Dimitrios Tsagdis, 2006. "Reassessing the validity of Verdoorn's law under conditions of spatial dependence: a case study of the Greek regions," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 29(1), pages 149-170, October.
- Martinho, Vítor João Pereira Domingues, 2011.
"The Verdoorn law in the Portuguese regions: a panel data analysis,"
32186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho, 2011. "The Verdoorn Law in the Portuguese Regions: A Panel Data Analysis," Papers 1110.5544, arXiv.org.
- Fazio, Giorgio & Maltese, Enza & Piacentino, Davide, 2011.
"Estimating Verdoorn law for Italian firms and regions,"
35388, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giorgio Fazio & Enza Maltese & Davide Piacentino, 2013. "Estimating Verdoorn law for Italian firms and regions," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 45-54, March.
- Ferdinando Ofria, 2009. "L'approccio Kaldor-Verdoorn: una verifica empirica per il Centro-Nord e il Mezzogiorno d'Italia (anni 1951-2006)," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, issue 1, pages 179-207, January-M.
- Ingrid H. Rima, 2010. "The Political Economy of the Undervalued Renminbi," DETU Working Papers 1012, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Christian Dreger, 2005.
"Thresholds for Employment and Unemployment - a Spatial Analysis of German Regional Labour Markets 1992-2000,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p39, European Regional Science Association.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Christian Dreger, 2006. "Thresholds for employment and unemployment: A spatial analysis of German regional labour markets, 1992-2000," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(4), pages 523-542, November.
- Fingleton, B., 1999. "Economic Geography with Spatial Econometrics: a 'Third Way' to Analyse Economic Development and 'Equilibrium', with Application to the EU Regions," Economics Working Papers eco99/21, European University Institute.
- Nicholas Apergis & Spyros Zikos, 2003. "The Law of Verdoorn: Evidence from Greek Disaggregated Manufacturing Time Series Data," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(1), pages 87–104.
- Fernando de Aquino Fonseca Neto & Joanílio Rodolpho Teixeira, 2004. "Globalização Econômica e Investimentos no Brasil," Working papers - Textos para Discussao do Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia 322, Departamento de Economia da Universidade de Brasilia.
- Romina Gambacorta, 2004. "Il dibattito sulla legge di Verdoorn: alcuni risultati empirici usando l’analisi di cointegrazione," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(3), pages 251-, May-June.
- Elias Soukiazis & Vitor Martinho, 2005. "Economias à Escala e Endogeneidade dos Factores Produtivos. Análise regional e sectorial ao nível das NUTs II portuguesas," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 22, pages 23-50, December.
- Fingleton, B & McCombie, J S L, 1998. "Increasing Returns and Economic Growth: Some Evidence for Manufacturing from the European Union Regions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(1), pages 89-105, January.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1979. "A Note on Verdoorn's Law," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 131-33, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:esprep:59007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.