Pareto efficiency of the pay-as-you-go pension system in a three-period-OLG model
The paper considers an unfunded linear pension system when workers make labor decisions more often than once in their life. To capture this feature, a three-period-overlapping-generations model is employed. On the one hand, the paper analyzes whether or not a Pay-as-you-go pension scheme is intergenerational Pareto efficient when labor is elastically supplied by the young and the middle-aged people. On the other hand, the focus is on the interregional efficiency of a Pay-as-you-go system when young and middle-aged workers are mobile.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: D-96045 Bamberg|
Web page: http://www.uni-bamberg.de/vwl/forschung/berg/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Homburg, Stefan, 1990. "The Efficiency of Unfunded Pension Schemes," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 640-647.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin, 1993.
"Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 77-91, January.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin, 1991. "Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous," Discussion Papers, Series I 252, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Kolmar, Martin, 1994. "Does the common labor market imply the need for a European public pension system?," Discussion Papers, Series II 244, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1987. "A Reinterpretation of Elasticity Formulae in Optimum Tax Theory," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(213), pages 89-96, February.
- Stefan Homburg & Wolfram Richter, 1993.
"Harmonizing public debt and public pension schemes in the European community,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 51-63, December.
- Stefan Homburg & Wolfram Richter, 1993. "Harmonizing public debt and public pension schemes in the European community," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 51-63, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bamber:27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.