Pareto efficiency of the pay-as-you-go pension system in a three-period-OLG model
The paper considers an unfunded linear pension system when workers make labor decisions more often than once in their life. To capture this feature, a three-period-overlapping-generations model is employed. On the one hand, the paper analyzes whether or not a Pay-as-you-go pension scheme is intergenerational Pareto efficient when labor is elastically supplied by the young and the middle-aged people. On the other hand, the focus is on the interregional efficiency of a Pay-as-you-go system when young and middle-aged workers are mobile.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: D-96045 Bamberg|
Web page: http://www.uni-bamberg.de/vwl/forschung/berg/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Homburg, Stefan, 1990.
"The Efficiency of Unfunded Pension Schemes,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 640-647.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2014. "The Efficiency of Unfunded Pension Schemes," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-523, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin, 1993. "Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 77-91, January.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Straub, Martin, 1991. "Welfare effects of unfunded pension systems when labor supply is endogenous," Discussion Papers, Series I 252, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Breyer, Friedrich & Kolmar, Martin, 1994. "Does the common labor market imply the need for a European public pension system?," Discussion Papers, Series II 244, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1987. "A Reinterpretation of Elasticity Formulae in Optimum Tax Theory," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(213), pages 89-96, February.
- Stefan Homburg & Wolfram Richter, 1993. "Harmonizing public debt and public pension schemes in the European community," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 51-63, December.
- Stefan Homburg & Wolfram Richter, 1993. "Harmonizing public debt and public pension schemes in the European community," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 51-63, December.