Capital Stock Depreciation, Tax Rules, and Composition of Aggregate Investment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feldstein, Martin S & Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Towards an Economic Theory of Replacement Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 393-423, May.
- Levy, Daniel & Chen, Haiwei, 1994.
"Estimates of the Aggregate Quarterly Capital Stock for the Post-war U.S. Economy,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(3), pages 317-349, September.
- Daniel Levy & Haiwei Chen, 2005. "Estimates of the Aggregate Quarterly Capital Stock for the Post- War U.S. Economy," Others 0505008, EconWPA, revised 16 May 2005.
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Foot, David K, 1971. "The Other Half of Gross Investment: Replacement and Modernization Expenditures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(1), pages 49-58, February.
- Joan Robinson, 1953. "The Production Function and the Theory of Capital," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 81-106.
- Eisner, Robert, 1972. "Components of Capital Expenditures: Replacement and Modernization Versus Expansion," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 297-305, August.
- Motahar, Eshragh, 1992. "Endogenous capital utilization and the q theory of investment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 71-75, September.
- Taubman, Paul & Rasche, R, 1971. "Subsidies, Economic Lives, and Complete Resource Misallocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 938-945, December.
- Hulten, Charles R. & Wykoff, Frank C., 1981. "The estimation of economic depreciation using vintage asset prices : An application of the Box-Cox power transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 367-396, April.
- Stephen D. Oliner, 1989. "The formation of private business capital: trends, recent developments, and measurement issues," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Dec, pages 771-783.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erdal Karagol, 2002. "The Causality Analysis of External Debt Service and GNP : The Case of Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 2(1), pages 39-64.
More about this item
KeywordsTime Varying Depreciation Rate; Capital Stock; Consumer Durable Goods; Producer Durable Goods; Business Structures; Technological Progress;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2005-05-23 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2005-05-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2005-05-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-05-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpot:0505007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.