Capital Stock Depreciation, Tax Rules, and Composition of Aggregate Investment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feldstein, Martin S & Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "Towards an Economic Theory of Replacement Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 393-423, May.
- Levy, Daniel & Chen, Haiwei, 1994.
"Estimates of the Aggregate Quarterly Capital Stock for the Post-war U.S. Economy,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(3), pages 317-349, September.
- Daniel Levy & Haiwei Chen, 2005. "Estimates of the Aggregate Quarterly Capital Stock for the Post- War U.S. Economy," Others 0505008, EconWPA, revised 16 May 2005.
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720, March.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Foot, David K, 1971. "The Other Half of Gross Investment: Replacement and Modernization Expenditures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(1), pages 49-58, February.
- Joan Robinson, 1953. "The Production Function and the Theory of Capital," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 81-106.
- Eisner, Robert, 1972. "Components of Capital Expenditures: Replacement and Modernization Versus Expansion," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 297-305, August.
- Motahar, Eshragh, 1992. "Endogenous capital utilization and the q theory of investment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 71-75, September.
- Taubman, Paul & Rasche, R, 1971. "Subsidies, Economic Lives, and Complete Resource Misallocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 938-945, December.
- Hulten, Charles R. & Wykoff, Frank C., 1981. "The estimation of economic depreciation using vintage asset prices : An application of the Box-Cox power transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 367-396, April.
- Stephen D. Oliner, 1989. "The formation of private business capital: trends, recent developments, and measurement issues," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Dec, pages 771-783.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erdal Karagol, 2002. "The Causality Analysis of External Debt Service and GNP : The Case of Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 2(1), pages 39-64.
More about this item
KeywordsTime Varying Depreciation Rate; Capital Stock; Consumer Durable Goods; Producer Durable Goods; Business Structures; Technological Progress;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2005-05-23 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2005-05-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2005-05-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-05-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpot:0505007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .