Economies of scale and technological development in securities depository and settlement systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Schmiedel, Heiko, 2002. "Total factor productivity growth in European stock exchanges : A non-parametric frontier approach," Research Discussion Papers 11/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Pirrong, Craig, 1999. "The organization of financial exchange markets: Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 329-357, November.
- Ian Giddy & Anthony Saunders & Ingo Walter, 1996. "Alternative models for clearance and settlement: the case of the single European capital market," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 986-1003.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998. "Competing markets," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 277-310, February.
- Robert E. Litan & Alice M. Rivlin, 2001. "Projecting the Economic Impact of the Internet," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 313-317, May.
- Giddy, Ian & Saunders, Anthony & Walter, Ingo, 1996. "Alternative Models for Clearance and Settlement: The Case of the Single European Capital Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 986-1000, November.
- Schmiedel, Heiko, 2001. "Technological development and concentration of stock exchanges in Europe," Research Discussion Papers 21/2001, Bank of Finland.
More about this item
Keywordssecurities settlement; economies of scale; technological progress;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2004-05-26 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EEC-2004-05-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2004-05-26 (Finance)
- NEP-MIC-2004-05-16 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmi:0405001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .