Resource Requirements In The Adjustment Process:A Macroeconometric Simulation Study Of The Nigerian Economy
THIS STUDY INVESTIGATES THE DOMINANT RESOURCE CONSTRAINT LIMITING GROWTH IN NIGERIA AS WELL AS THE DETERMINATION OF FUTURE RESOURCES REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO ACHIEVE SUCH GROWTH. USING A SMALL SCALE MACROECONOMETRIC SIMULATION MODEL, THREE DIFFERENT EXPERIMENTS WERE CARRIED OUT. THE RESULTS SHOWED THAT AT A HIGHER TARGET GROWTH RATE, MORE RESOURCES WILL BE REQUIRED THAN AT A LOWER GROWTH RATE. AND THAT DOMESTIC RESOURCES GAP WAS THE DOMINANT(BINDING)RESOURCE CONSTRAINT LIMITING GROWTH IN NIGERIA. THIS THEREFORE SUGGESTS THE NEED TO MOBILIZE FOREIGN RESOURCES SO AS TO COMPLEMENT DOMESTIC SAVINGS.
|Date of creation:||05 Jul 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - MICROSOFT WORD 2000; prepared on IBM PC - PC; to print on HP/; pages: 46 ; figures: included. We never published this piece and now we would like to reduce our mailing and xerox cost by posting it.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blomqvist, AG., 1976. "Empirical evidence on the two-gap hypothesis : A revised analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 181-193, July.
- El-Shibly, M. & Thirlwall, A. P., 1981. "Dual-gap analysis for the Sudan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 193-200, February.
- Michaely, Michael, 1981. "Foreign aid, economic structure, and dependence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 313-330, December.
- Griffin, Keith B & Enos, J L, 1970. "Foreign Assistance: Objectives and Consequences," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 313-27, April.
- A.R. Kemal, 1975. "Eliminating Dependence on Foreign AidSome Policy Implications," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 381-396.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0307001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.