The Internalization Of Export Channels And The Export Activity Of Spanish Manufacturers
In this paper, we analyze the existence of firm owned export channels as a response to the firm's specificities. The different theories justifying the internalization of such channels have shown, as well, that the larger the amount of exports the more likely the firm will establish its own export channels. As the existence of such channels can promote export activity, the econometric approach deals with the possible simultaneity, taking into account the binary character in the variable which refers to the internalization of the export activity.
|Date of creation:||26 Mar 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - MS-Word 6.0; prepared on IBM PC; to print on HP Laserjet III; pages: 40; figures: request from author. Paper presented at the 24th EARIE conference. Comments welcome!|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jose Maria Labeaga & Ester Martinez-Ros, 1994. "Estimación de un modelo de ecuaciones simultáneas con variables dependientes limitadas: una aplicación con datos de la industria española," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 18(3), pages 465-489, September.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Blundell, Richard & Smith, Richard J., 1994. "Coherency and estimation in simultaneous models with censored or qualitative dependent variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 355-373.
- Auquier, Antoine A, 1980. "Sizes of Firms, Exporting Behavior, and the Structure of French Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 203-18, December.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1981. "International trade in the presence of product differentiation, economies of scale and monopolistic competition : A Chamberlin-Heckscher-Ohlin approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-340, August.
- Riordan, Michael H. & Williamson, Oliver E., 1985. "Asset specificity and economic organization," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 365-378, December.
- Dunning, John H, 1979. "Explaining Changing Patterns of International Production: In Defence of the Eclectic Theory," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 41(4), pages 269-95, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-59, December.
- T. E. Pennie, 1956. "The Influence Of Distribution Costs And Direct Investments On British Exports To Canada," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 229-244.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi, 1992. "On the Relationship Between Firm Size and Export Intensity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(4), pages 605-635, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:9803001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.