The Structure Models for Futures Options Pricing and Related Researches
Based on the structure model of option pricing (Feng DAI, 2005) and the Partial Distribution (Feng DAI, 2001), this paper designs a new kind of expression of futures price, presents the structure pricing model for American futures options on underlying non-dividend-paying, and gives three put-call parities between American call and put option on spots, call and put option on futures, and spot options and futures options, they are different from put-call parity of European options. We prove analytically that an American call option on futures must be worth more than the corresponding American call option on spot and an American put option on futures must be worth less than the corresponding American put option on spot in normal market; and the oppositions in inverted market. The final empirical researches also support the conclusions in this paper.
|Date of creation:||31 Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 10. the reference (F. Dai, Z. F. QIN. DF Structure Models for Options Pricing. International Journal of Applied Economics. 2005, accepted) is similar to the paper in this EWP database|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Ritchken & Rob Trevor, 1999. "Pricing Options under Generalized GARCH and Stochastic Volatility Processes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 377-402, 02.
- Miltersen, Kristian R. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1998. "Pricing of Options on Commodity Futures with Stochastic Term Structures of Convenience Yields and Interest Rates," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 33-59, March.
- DAI & Feng QIN & Zifu, 2005.
"DF Structure Models for Options Pricing,"
The IUP Journal of Applied Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(6), pages 61-77, November.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Geske, Robert & Roll, Richard, 1984. " On Valuing American Call Options with the Black-Scholes European Formula," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(2), pages 443-55, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0503010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.