Do Brokers Misallocate Customer Trades? Evidence From Futures Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1996. "Market microstructure and asset pricing: On the compensation for illiquidity in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 441-464, July.
- Peter R. Locke & Asani Sarkar, 1996. "Volatility and liquidity in futures markets," Research Paper 9612, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Chang, Eric C. & Loche, Peter R., 1996. "The Performance and Market Impact of Dual Trading: CME Rule 552," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 23-48, January.
- Holden, Craig W & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1992. " Long-Lived Private Information and Imperfect Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 247-270, March.
- Michael J. Walsh & Stephen J. Dinehart, 1991. "Dual trading and futures market liquidity: An analysis of three chicago board of trade contract markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 519-537, October.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Sarkar Asani, 1995. "Dual Trading: Winners, Losers, and Market Impact," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 77-93, January.
- Christie William G. & Huang Roger D., 1994. "Market Structures and Liquidity: A Transactions Data Study of Exchange Listings," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 300-326, June.
- Sanford J. Grossman, "undated". "An Economic Analysis of Dual Trading," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 33-89, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1997. "Limit orders and the alleged Nasdaq collusion," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 91-95, July.
- Roell, Ailsa, 1990. "Dual-capacity trading and the quality of the market," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 105-124, June.
- Gregory J. Kuserk & Peter R. Locke, 1993. "Scalper behavior in futures markets: An empirical examination," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 409-431, June.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Manaster, Steven & Mann, Steven C, 1996. "Life in the Pits: Competitive Market Making and Inventory Control," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 953-975.
- Working, Holbrook, 1967. "Tests of a Theory Concerning Floor Trading on Commodity Exchanges," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Silber, William L, 1984. " Marketmaker Behavior in an Auction Market: An Analysis of Scalpers in Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 937-953, September.
- Eric C. Chang & Peter R. Locke & Steven C. Mann, 1994. "The effect of CME rule 552 on dual traders," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 493-510, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter R. Locke & Asani Sarkar & Lifan Wu, 1997. "Market liquidity and trader welfare in multiple dealer markets: evidence from dual trading restrictions," Research Paper 9721, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
More about this item
Keywordsfutures; brokers; trading;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9801002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.