Initial Performance of Greek IPOs, Underwriter’s Reputation and Oversubscription
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dimitris F. Kenourgios & Spyros Papathanasiou & Emmanouil Rafail Melas, 2007. "Initial performance of Greek IPOs, underwriter's reputation and oversubscription," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(5), pages 332-343, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tinic, Seha M, 1988. " Anatomy of Initial Public Offerings of Common Stock," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 789-822, September.
- Booth, James R. & Smith, Richard II, 1986. "Capital raising, underwriting and the certification hypothesis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 261-281.
- Welch, Ivo, 1992. " Sequential Sales, Learning, and Cascades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 695-732, June.
- Allen, Franklin & Faulhaber, Gerald R., 1989. "Signalling by underpricing in the IPO market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 303-323, August.
- Beatty, Randolph P. & Ritter, Jay R., 1986.
"Investment banking, reputation, and the underpricing of initial public offerings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 213-232.
- Randolph P. Beatty & Jay R. Ritter, "undated". "Investment Banking, Reputation and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Randolph P. Beatty & Jay R. Ritter, "undated". "Investment Banking, Reputation and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Keloharju, Matti, 1993. "The winner's curse, legal liability, and the long-run price performance of initial public offerings in Finland," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 251-277, October.
- Brennan, M. J. & Franks, J., 1997.
"Underpricing, ownership and control in initial public offerings of equity securities in the UK,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 391-413, September.
- Brennan, Michael J & Franks, Julian R, 1995. "Underpricing, Ownership and Control in Initial Public Offerings of Equity Securities in the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 1211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard B. Carter & Frederick H. Dark & Ajai K. Singh, 1998. "Underwriter Reputation, Initial Returns, and the Long-Run Performance of IPO Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 285-311, February.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Spindt, Paul A., 1989. "How investment bankers determine the offer price and allocation of new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 343-361.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1991. " The Long-run Performance of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Rock, Kevin, 1986. "Why new issues are underpriced," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 187-212.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Hwang, Chuan Yang, 1989. " Signalling and the Pricing of New Issues," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 393-420, June.
- Philip D. Drake & Michael R. Vetsuypens, 1993. "IPO Underpricing and Insurance Against Legal Liability," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(1), Spring.
- Ranko Jelic & Richard Briston, 1999. "Hungarian Privatisation Strategy and Financial Performance of Privatised Companies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1319-1357.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Zubair Mumtaz & Zachary A. Smith & Ather Maqsood Ahmed, 2016. "An examination of short-run performance of IPOs using Extreme Bounds Analysis," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 43(1 Year 20), pages 71-95, June.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:46:y:2017:i:pb:p:258-268 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reddy, K. Srinivasa, 2011. "The aftermarket pricing performance of initial public offers: Insights from India," MPRA Paper 62885, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsIPOs; underpricing; oversubscription; underwriters’ prestige; Athens Stock Exchange.;
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2006-01-01 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FIN-2006-01-01 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-01-01 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0512023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.