A Martingale Result for Convexity Adjustment in the Black Pricing Model
This paper explains how to calculate convexity adjustment for interest rates derivatives when assuming a deterministic time dependent volatility, using martingale theory. The motivation of this paper lies in two directions. First, we set up a proper no-arbitrage framework illustrated by a relationship between yield rate drift and bond price. Second, making ap-proximation, we come to a closed formula with speci…cation of the error term. Earlier works (Brotherton et al. (1993) and Hull (1997)) assumed constant volatility and could not specify the approximation error. As an application, we examine the convexity bias between CMS and forward swap rates.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- French, Kenneth R., 1983. "A comparison of futures and forward prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 311-342, November.
- Eric Benhamou, 2000. "Pricing Convexity Adjustment with Wiener Chaos," FMG Discussion Papers dp351, Financial Markets Group.
- Black, Fischer, 1976. "The pricing of commodity contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 167-179.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0212005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.