A Generalisation of Malliavin Weighted Scheme for Fast Computation of the Greeks
This paper presented a new technique for the simulation of the Greeks (i.e. price sensitivities to parameters), efficient for strongly discontinuous payo¤ options. The use of Malliavin calculus, by means of an integration by parts, enables to shift the differentiation operator from the payo¤ function to the diffusion kernel, introducing a weighting function.(Fournie et al. (1999)). Expressing the weighting function as a Skorohod integral, we show how to characterize the integrand with necessary and sufficient conditions, giving a complete description of weighting function solutions. Interestingly, for adapted process, the Skorohod integral turns to be the classical Ito integral.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Mark Broadie & Paul Glasserman, 1996. "Estimating Security Price Derivatives Using Simulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 269-285, February.
- Paul Glasserman & David D. Yao, 1992. "Some Guidelines and Guarantees for Common Random Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(6), pages 884-908, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0212003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.