Mutual information: a dependence measure for nonlinear time series
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonanno, Giovanni & Lillo, Fabrizio & Mantegna, Rosario N., 2001. "Levels of complexity in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 16-27.
- Darbellay, Georges A & Wuertz, Diethelm, 2000. "The entropy as a tool for analysing statistical dependences in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(3), pages 429-439.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E. M. S. Ribeiro & G. A. Prataviera, 2014. "Information theoretic approach for accounting classification," Papers 1401.2954, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2014.
- Witold Orzeszko, 2010. "Measuring Nonlinear Serial Dependencies Using the Mutual Information Coefficient," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 10, pages 97-106.
- Ribeiro, E.M.S. & Prataviera, G.A., 2014. "Information theoretic approach for accounting classification," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 416(C), pages 651-660.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," ESTUDIOS GERENCIALES, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI, November.
- Akimitsu Inoue, 2016. "Density estimation based on pointwise mutual information," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 1138-1148.
- Rui Menezes & Andreia Dionísio & Hossein Hassanic, 2010. "On the globalization of stock markets: An application of VECM, SSA technique and mutual information to the G7?," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2010_06, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Kun Zhang & Laiwan Chan, 2009. "Efficient factor GARCH models and factor-DCC models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 71-91.
More about this item
KeywordsMutual information; nonlinear dependence; market efficiency;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-11-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0311003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.