Is a small Monte Carlo analysis a good analysis? Checking the size, power and consistency of a simulation-based test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Yoo, B. S., 1990.
"Seasonal integration and cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 215-238.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration," Papers 6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal Integration And Cointegration," Papers 0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Derek Bond & Michael J. Harrison & Edward J. O'Brien, 2005.
"Testing for Long Memory and Nonlinear Time Series: A Demand for Money Study,"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep20021, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Bond, Derek & Harrison, Michael J & O’Brien, Edward J., 2006. "Testing for Long Memory and Nonlinear Time Series: A Demand for Money Study," Research Technical Papers 2/RT/06, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Erten, Irem & Okay, Nesrin, 2012. "Re-examining Turkey's trade deficit with structural breaks: Evidence from 1989-2011," MPRA Paper 56191, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2003. "Time-series Econometrics: Cointegration and Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2003-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Param Silvapulle & Sisira Jayasuriya, 1994. "Testing For Philippines Rice Market Integration: A Multiple Cointegration Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 369-380, September.
- Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza, 2002. "Is a small Monte Carlo analysis a good analysis?," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 567-577, October.
- Naseem, N.A.M & Tan, Hui-Boon & Hamizah, M.S, 2008. "Exchange Rate Misalignment, Volatility and Import Flows in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 41571, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chebbi, Houssem Eddine & Lachaal, Lassaad, 2007.
"Agricultural Sector and Economic Growth in Tunisia: Evidence from Co-integration and Error Correction Mechanism,"
103rd Seminar, April 23-25, 2007, Barcelona, Spain
9416, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chebbi, Houssem Eddine & Lachaal, Lassaad, 2007. "Agricultural sector and economic growth in Tunisia: Evidence from co-integration and error correction mechanism," MPRA Paper 9101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xiaojie Xu, 2017. "The rolling causal structure between the Chinese stock index and futures," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 31(4), pages 491-509, November.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:17:y:2011:i:2:p:157-168 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacobo Campo Robledo & Juan Pablo Herrera Saavedra, 2016.
"Patentes y crecimiento económico: ¿innovación de residentes o no residentes?,"
Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE, vol. 76, February.
- Jacobo Campo Robledo & Juan Pablo Herrera Saavedra, 2014. "Patentes y Crecimiento Económico:¿Innovación de Residentes o No Residentes?," Estudios Económicos SIC 010909, Superintendencia de Industria y Comercio.
- Isabel CortÃ©s-JimÃ©nez & Manuel ArtÃs, 2005.
"The role of the tourism sector in economic development - Lessons from the Spanish experience,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p488, European Regional Science Association.
- Isabel Cortes Jimenez & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2006. "The role of the tourism sector in economic development. Lessons from the Spanish experience," Working Papers in Economics 158, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Francis Ahking, 2003.
"Efficient unit root tests of real exchange rates in the post-Bretton Woods era,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(7), pages 1-12.
- Francis W. Ahking, 2002. "Efficient Unit Root Tests of real Exchange Rates in the Post-Bretton Woods Era," Working papers 2002-17, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Fredj Jawadi & Catherine Bruneau & Nadia Sghaier, 2009. "Nonlinear Cointegration Relationships Between Non‐Life Insurance Premiums and Financial Markets," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(3), pages 753-783, September.
- Wang, Peijie & Brand, Steven, 2015. "A new approach to estimating value–income ratios with income growth and time-varying yields," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 182-187.
- Vicente Esteve, 2004.
"Política fiscal y productividad del trabajo en la economía española: un análisis de series temporales,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, June.
- Vicente Esteve, "undated". "Política fiscal y productividad del trabajo en la economía espanola: Un análisis de series temporales," Studies on the Spanish Economy 156, FEDEA.
- Boris Hofmann, 2003.
"Bank Lending and Property Prices: Some International Evidence,"
222003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Boris Hofmann, 2004. "Bank lending and property prices: some international evidence," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 46, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Levent KORAP, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Determination Of Tl/Us$:A Co-Integration Approach,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal, Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 7(1), pages 24-50, May.
- Levent, Korap, 2008. "Exchange rate determination of TL/US$: a co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 19659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bardsen, G. & Klovland, J.T., 1990.
"Finding The Rigth Nominal Anchor: The Cointegration Of Money, Credit And Nominal Income In Norway,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
350, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Bardsen, G. & Klovland, J.T., 1990. "Finding the Right Nominal Anchor: The Cointegration of Money, Credit and Nominal Income in Norway," Papers 06-90, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Bardsen, Gunnar & Klovland, Jan Tore, 1990. "Finding The Right Nominal Anchor: The Cointegration Of Money, Credit And Nominal Income In Norway," Economic Research Papers 268385, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Monticelli, Carlo & Strauss-Kahn, Marc-Olivier, 1993.
"European Integration and the Demand for Broad Money,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 61(4), pages 345-366, December.
- Carlo Monticelli & Marc-Olivier Strauss-Kahn, 1992. "European integration and the demand for broad money," BIS Working Papers 18, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2018.
"The zero lower bound and market spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 100-123.
- Kyritsis, Evangelos & Serletis, Apostolos, 2017. "The Zero Lower Bound and Market Spillovers: Evidence from the G7 and Norway," Discussion Papers 2017/7, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Thongphet Lamphayphan & Toshihisa Toyoda & Chris Czerkawsk & Phouphet Kyophilavong, 2015. "Export Supply of Electricity from Laos to Thailand: An Econometric Analysis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 450-460.
More about this item
KeywordsNumber of replications; Monte Carlo; accuracy.;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0004005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.