Quadratic Pareto Race
This paper presents a dynamic and visual "free search" type of a decision support system - Quadratic Pareto Race, which enables a decision maker (DM) to freely search the efficient frontier of a multiple objective quadratic-linear programming problem by controlling the speed and direction of motion. The values of the objective functions are presented in a numeric form and as bar graphs on a display. The implementation of Quadratic Pareto Race is based on the theoretical foundations developed by Korhonen and Yu (1996). The system is implemented on a microcomputer and illustrated using a numerical example.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg|
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Korhonen, Pekka & Yu, GuangYuan, 1998. "On computing objective function values in multiple objective quadratic-linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 184-190, April.
- Korhonen, Pekka J. & Laakso, Jukka, 1986. "A visual interactive method for solving the multiple criteria problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 277-287, February.
- Karaivanova, Jasmina & Korhonen, Pekka & Narula, Subhash & Wallenius, Jyrki & Vassilev, Vassil, 1995. "A reference direction approach to multiple objective integer linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 176-187, February.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Yu, GuangYuan, 1997. "A reference direction approach to multiple objective quadratic-linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 601-610, November.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Soismaa, Margareta, 1988. "A multiple criteria model for pricing alcoholic beverages," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 165-175, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:iasawp:ir97058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.