Quadratic Pareto Race
This paper presents a dynamic and visual "free search" type of a decision support system - Quadratic Pareto Race, which enables a decision maker (DM) to freely search the efficient frontier of a multiple objective quadratic-linear programming problem by controlling the speed and direction of motion. The values of the objective functions are presented in a numeric form and as bar graphs on a display. The implementation of Quadratic Pareto Race is based on the theoretical foundations developed by Korhonen and Yu (1996). The system is implemented on a microcomputer and illustrated using a numerical example.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg|
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Korhonen, Pekka & Yu, GuangYuan, 1998. "On computing objective function values in multiple objective quadratic-linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 184-190, April.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Soismaa, Margareta, 1988. "A multiple criteria model for pricing alcoholic beverages," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 165-175, November.
- Korhonen, Pekka & Yu, GuangYuan, 1997. "A reference direction approach to multiple objective quadratic-linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 601-610, November.
- Karaivanova, Jasmina & Korhonen, Pekka & Narula, Subhash & Wallenius, Jyrki & Vassilev, Vassil, 1995. "A reference direction approach to multiple objective integer linear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 176-187, February.
- Korhonen, Pekka J. & Laakso, Jukka, 1986. "A visual interactive method for solving the multiple criteria problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 277-287, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:iasawp:ir97058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.