The Investment Development Path of Austria
We explore some empirical properties of Austria's "Investment Development Path" (IDP) on the macro level as well as on the structural and the bilateral level. Three dimensions are analyzed, namely the growth, the stability, and the sign of the Net Outward Investment Position (NOIP). While the NOIP on the macro level has been negative throughout the last two decades, there is considerable variation on the industry and the bilateral level. Given the small domestic market size, the NOIP of Austria does not reflect the high level of development in terms of GDP. Several explanations for the below-average NOIP of Austria are provided.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wu.ac.at/economics/en
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajneesh Narula & John Dunning, 2000. "Industrial Development, Globalization and Multinational Enterprises: New Realities for Developing Countries," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 141-167.
- Gundlach, Erich & Scheide, Joachim & Sinn, Stefan, 1990. "Die Entwicklung nationaler Auslandsvermögenspositionen: Konsequenzen für die Wirtschaftspolitik," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 414, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Christian Bellak, 1997. "Austrian Manufacturing MNEs: Long-Term Perspectives," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-71.
- Lane, P, 1999.
"International Investment Positions: A Cross-Sectional Analysis,"
Trinity Economics Papers
995, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Philip R., 2000. "International investment positions: a cross-sectional analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 513-534, August.
- John Dunning, 1981. "Explaining the international direct investment position of countries: Towards a dynamic or developmental approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 30-64, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521480857 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwwuw:wuwp075. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.