Theories of (Un)sustainable Consumption
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Federico Demaria & Francois Schneider & Filka Sekulova & Joan Martinez-Alier, 2013. "What is Degrowth? From an Activist Slogan to a Social Movement," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 22(2), pages 191-215, April.
- Christopher Groves & Karen Henwood & Fiona Shirani & Catherine Butler, 2016. "Invested in Unsustainability? On the Psychosocial Patterning of Engagement in Practices," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 25(3), pages 309-328, June.
- Galbraith, John Kenneth, 1970. "Economics as a System of Belief," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 469-478, May.
- Vermeir, Iris & Verbeke, Wim, 2008. "Sustainable food consumption among young adults in Belgium: Theory of planned behaviour and the role of confidence and values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 542-553, January.
- Peter E. Earl, 2005. "Economics and psychology in the twenty-first century," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 909-926, November.
- Clive L. Spash, 2008. "How Much is that Ecosystem in the Window? The One with the Bio-diverse Trail," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 17(2), pages 259-284, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wolfgang Fellner & Clive L. Spash, 2014.
"The Illusion of Consumer Sovereignity in Economic and Neoliberal Thought,"
sre-disc-2014_02, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Fellner, Wolfgang & Spash, Clive L., 2014. "The Illusion of Consumer Sovereignity in Economic and Neoliberal Thought," SRE-Discussion Papers 2014/02, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Spash, Clive L., 2013.
"The shallow or the deep ecological economics movement?,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 351-362.
- Spash, Clive L., 2013. "The Shallow or the Deep Ecological Economics Movement?," SRE-Discussion Papers 2013/01, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Clive L. Spash, 2013. "The Shallow or the Deep Ecological Economics Movement?," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2013_01, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Clive L Spash, 2009. "Social Ecological Economics," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2009-08, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Wolfgang Fellner & Benedikt Goehmann, 2017. "Human Needs and the Measurement of Welfare," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2017_07, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo & Campos-Celador, Álvaro & Terés-Zubiaga, Jon, 2018. "Renewable Energy Cooperatives as an instrument towards the energy transition in Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 215-229.
- Rode, Julian & Le Menestrel, Marc & Cornelissen, Gert, 2017. "Ecosystem Service Arguments Enhance Public Support for Environmental Protection - But Beware of the Numbers!," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 213-221.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Zijun Luo & Xu Tian, 2018. "Can China’s meat imports be sustainable? A case study of mad cow disease," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(9), pages 1022-1042, February.
- Xue, Jin, 2014. "Is eco-village/urban village the future of a degrowth society? An urban planner's perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 130-138.
- Bianca Polenzani & Chiara Riganelli & Andrea Marchini, 2020. "Sustainability Perception of Local Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Consumers’ Attitude: A New Italian Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, January.
- O'Sullivan, Jane N., 2020. "The social and environmental influences of population growth rate and demographic pressure deserve greater attention in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 172(C).
- Johe, Miles H. & Bhullar, Navjot, 2016. "To buy or not to buy: The roles of self-identity, attitudes, perceived behavioral control and norms in organic consumerism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 99-105.
- Jin Xue & Hans Jakob Walnum & Carlo Aall & Petter Næss, 2016. "Two Contrasting Scenarios for a Zero-Emission Future in a High-Consumption Society," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Marie Diekmann & Ludwig Theuvsen, 2019. "Value structures determining community supported agriculture: insights from Germany," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 36(4), pages 733-746, December.
- Ryan Gunderson, 2019. "Work time reduction and economic democracy as climate change mitigation strategies: or why the climate needs a renewed labor movement," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 9(1), pages 35-44, March.
- Jana Hojnik & Mitja Ruzzier & Tatiana S. Manolova, 2020. "Sustainable development: Predictors of green consumerism in Slovenia," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(4), pages 1695-1708, July.
- Spash, Clive L. & Ryan, Anthony M., 2010. "Ecological, Heterodox and Neoclassical Economics: Investigating the Differences," MPRA Paper 26292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Spangenberg, Joachim H. & von Haaren, Christina & Settele, Josef, 2014. "The ecosystem service cascade: Further developing the metaphor. Integrating societal processes to accommodate social processes and planning, and the case of bioenergy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 22-32.
- Christopher Ambrey & Christopher Fleming, 2014.
"Valuing Ecosystem Diversity in South East Queensland: A Life Satisfaction Approach,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 45-65, January.
- Christopher L Ambrey & Christopher M Fleming, 2012. "Valuing ecosystem diversity in South East Queensland: A life satisfaction approach," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201210, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Jonelle Cleland & Abbie McCartney, 2010.
"Putting the Spotlight on Attribute Definition: Divergence Between Experts and the Public,"
Environmental Economics Research Hub Research Reports
1077, Environmental Economics Research Hub, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Cleland, Jonelle & McCartney, Abbie, 2010. "Putting the Spotlight on Attribute Definition: Divergence Between Experts and the Public," Research Reports 107576, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable consumption; structure; agency; nudging; social practice theory; technostructure; corporate power; social ecological transformation;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HPE-2017-04-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2017-04-09 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwsre:sre-disc-2017_04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/mlgd/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gunther Maier (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/mlgd/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.