Theories of (Un)sustainable Consumption
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Galbraith, John Kenneth, 1970. "Economics as a System of Belief," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 469-478, May.
- Vermeir, Iris & Verbeke, Wim, 2008. "Sustainable food consumption among young adults in Belgium: Theory of planned behaviour and the role of confidence and values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 542-553, January.
- Peter E. Earl, 2005. "Economics and psychology in the twenty-first century," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 909-926, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wolfgang Fellner & Benedikt Goehmann, 2017. "Human Needs and the Measurement of Welfare," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2017_07, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Andreas Falke & Nadine Schröder & Claudia Hofmann, 2022. "The influence of values in sustainable consumption among millennials," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 92(6), pages 899-928, August.
- Kautish, Pradeep & PaÃ§o, Arminda & Thaichon, Park, 2022. "Sustainable consumption and plastic packaging: Relationships among product involvement, perceived marketplace influence and choice behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Jianwen Zhang & Jacob Cherian & Yawar Abbas Sandhu & Jawad Abbas & Laura Mariana Cismas & Constantin Viorel Negrut & Lucia Negrut, 2022. "Presumption of Green Electronic Appliances Purchase Intention: The Mediating Role of Personal Moral Norms," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(8), pages 1-15, April.
- Farida Saleem & Ahmad Adeel & Rizwan Ali & Shabir Hyder, 2018. "Intentions to adopt ecopreneurship: moderating role of collectivism and altruism," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 6(2), pages 517-537, December.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Zijun Luo & Xu Tian, 2018. "Can China’s meat imports be sustainable? A case study of mad cow disease," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(9), pages 1022-1042, February.
- Antonino Galati & Giuseppina Migliore & Alkis Thrassou & Giorgio Schifani & Giuseppina Rizzo & Nino Adamashvili & Maria Crescimanno, 2023. "Consumersâ€™ Willingness to Pay for Agri-Food Products Delivered with Electric Vehicles in the Short Supply Chains," FIIB Business Review, , vol. 12(2), pages 193-207, June.
- Bianca Polenzani & Chiara Riganelli & Andrea Marchini, 2020. "Sustainability Perception of Local Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Consumers’ Attitude: A New Italian Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(3), pages 1-18, January.
- Coralie Hellwig & Kim Bolton & Greta Häggblom-Kronlöf & Kamran Rousta, 2022. "Aspects Affecting Food Choice in Daily Life as Well as Drivers and Barriers to Engagement with Fungi-Based Food—A Qualitative Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Johe, Miles H. & Bhullar, Navjot, 2016. "To buy or not to buy: The roles of self-identity, attitudes, perceived behavioral control and norms in organic consumerism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 99-105.
- Marie Diekmann & Ludwig Theuvsen, 2019. "Value structures determining community supported agriculture: insights from Germany," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 36(4), pages 733-746, December.
- von Grafenstein, Liza & Iweala, Sarah & Ruml, Anette, 2021. "Information Source and Content – Drivers for Consumers’ Valuation of Fairly Traded Foods," Sustainable Food Systems Discussion Papers 317123, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Jana Hojnik & Mitja Ruzzier & Tatiana S. Manolova, 2020. "Sustainable development: Predictors of green consumerism in Slovenia," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(4), pages 1695-1708, July.
- Spash, Clive L. & Ryan, Anthony M., 2010. "Ecological, Heterodox and Neoclassical Economics: Investigating the Differences," MPRA Paper 26292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Magdalena Jaciow & Edyta Rudawska & Adam Sagan & Jolanta Tkaczyk & Robert Wolny, 2022. "The Influence of Environmental Awareness on Responsible Energy Consumption—The Case of Households in Poland," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(15), pages 1-15, July.
- Sergio Rivaroli & Martin K. Hingley & Roberta Spadoni, 2018. "The motivation behind drinking craft beer in Italian brew pubs: a case study," Economia agro-alimentare, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 20(3), pages 425-443.
- Liobikienė, Genovaitė & Mandravickaitė, Justina & Bernatonienė, Jurga, 2016. "Theory of planned behavior approach to understand the green purchasing behavior in the EU: A cross-cultural study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 38-46.
- Clive L Spash, 2009.
"Social Ecological Economics,"
Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series
2009-08, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Spash, Clive L., 2021. "Social Ecological Economics," SRE-Discussion Papers 06/2021, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Clive L. Spash, 2021. "Social Ecological Economics," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2021_06, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Ragna Nilssen & Geoff Bick & Russell Abratt, 2019. "Comparing the relative importance of sustainability as a consumer purchase criterion of food and clothing in the retail sector," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 71-83, January.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable consumption; structure; agency; nudging; social practice theory; technostructure; corporate power; social ecological transformation;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HPE-2017-04-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2017-04-09 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwsre:sre-disc-2017_04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/mlgd/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gunther Maier (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.wu-wien.ac.at/mlgd/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.