Competitiveness Factors at National and Regional Level. A Panel Analysis for Romania
The paper attempts to identify with the help of a panel model the presence of common or divergent development patterns and some significant factors of competitiveness at national and regional level (mainly regarding investment and employment, overall and by main economic sectors). The results for Romania and its development regions reveal specific ways of GDP formation for each region (the presence of â€žregional economiesâ€ ), based on different mixes of factors, augmented or not by certain economic policies, and also some differences in the sectoral development patterns of the regions. Keywords: competitiveness, panel data models, regional development, regional policy JEL Classification: C23, O18, R12, R15
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ugo Fratesi, 2008.
"Regional policy from a supra-regional perspective,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 42(3), pages 681-703, September.
- Ugo Fratesi, 2004. "Regional policy from a supra-regional perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa04p509, European Regional Science Association.
- Ugo FRATESI, 2005. "Regional Policy from a Supra-Regional Perspective," Working Papers 245, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Emla Fitzsimons & Vincent Hogan & J. Peter Neary, 1999. "Explaining the Volume of North-South Trade in Ireland - A Gravity Model Approach," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(4), pages 381-401.
- Fitzsimons, E. & Hogan, V. & Neary, J.P., 1999. "Explaining the volume of North-South Trade in Ireland: a Gravity Model Approach," Papers 99/14, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan & Emla Fitzsimons & J. Peter Neary, 1999. "Explaining the volume of north south trade : a gravity model approach," Open Access publications 10197/48, School of Economics, University College Dublin. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa12p110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.