Financing Swedish Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: Methods, Problems and Impact
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) are the seeds for a vital entrepreneurial economy. The Swedish SMEs, in particular, are very important for the future development of the Baltic Region. Financing these firms is an issue of great significance and a subject to care for. In this paper, we looked at established financing methods for Swedish SMEs. We also analyzed the impact of these methods on firm survivability using the Survival Index Value (SIV) model. The SIV model is a new tool to evaluate small firm performance, introduced recently by Dr. Adli Abouzeedan. Keywords: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, SMEs, SIV model, Financing, Debt Financing, Equity Financing, Banks, Factoring, Disintermediation, Venture Capital, Angles, Swedish, Sweden, North Europe, European Union, EU, Baltic Region
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Altman, Edward I., 1980. "Commercial Bank Lending: Process, Credit Scoring, and Costs of Errors in Lending," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 813-832, November.
- James S. Ang, 1991. "Small Business Uniqueness and the Theory of Financial Management," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 1(1), pages 1-13, Spring.
- Björn Berggren & Christer Olofsson & Lars Silver, 2000. "Control Aversion and The Search for External Financing in Swedish SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 233-242, November.
- Berggren, Bjorn & Olofsson, Christer & Silver, Lars, 2000. "Control Aversion and the Search for External Financing in Swedish SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 233-242.
- Hall, John & Hofer, Charles W., 1993. "Venture capitalists' decision criteria in new venture evaluation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 25-42, January.
- Binks, Martin R & Ennew, Christine T, 1996. "Growing Firms and the Credit Constraint," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 17-25, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa03p34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.