Measuring poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean : methodological considerations when estimating an empirical regional poverty line
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Shaohua Chen & Andrew Dabalen & Yuri Dikhanov & Nada Hamadeh & Dean Jolliffe & Ambar Narayan & Espen Beer Prydz & Ana Revenga & Prem Sangraula & Umar Serajuddin & Nobuo Yosh, 2016.
"A global count of the extreme poor in 2012: data issues, methodology and initial results,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(2), pages 141-172, June.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Chen, Shaohua & Dabalen, Andrew & Dikhanov, Yuri & Hamadeh, Nada & Jolliffe, Dean & Narayan, Ambar & Prydz, Espen Beer & Revenga, Ana & Sangraula, Prem & Serajuddin, Umar &, 2015. "A Global Count of the Extreme Poor in 2012: Data Issues, Methodology and Initial Results," IZA Discussion Papers 9442, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ferreira,Francisco H. G. & Chen,Shaohua & Dabalen,Andrew L. & Dikhanov,Yuri M. & Hamadeh,Nada & Jolliffe,Dean Mitchell & Narayan,Ambar & Prydz,Espen Beer & Revenga,Ana L. & Sangraula,Prem & Serajuddin, 2015. "A global count of the extreme poor in 2012 : data issues, methodology and initial results," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7432, The World Bank.
- Luis López-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2014.
"A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2011. "A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5902, The World Bank.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Dongling Chen, 2010. "Affluence and Food: A Simple Way to Infer Incomes," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(4), pages 909-926.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:37:y:1991:i:4:p:345-361 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Julian Messina & Jamele Rigolini & Luis-Felipe López-Calva & Maria Ana Lugo & Renos Vakis, 2013.
"Economic Mobility and the Rise of the Latin American Middle Class
[La movilidad económica y el crecimiento de la clase media en América Latina]," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11858, January.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "Quantifying Absolute Poverty in the Developing World," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 345-361, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Measuring poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean : methodological considerations when estimating an empirical regional poverty line
by maximorossi in NEP-LTV blog on 2016-07-21 23:16:43
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty Assessment; Small Area Estimation Poverty Mapping; Poverty Monitoring&Analysis; Poverty Lines; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Poverty Diagnostics;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-05-08 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2016-05-08 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2016-05-08 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PKE-2016-05-08 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:7621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.