Fiscal management in federal democracies : Argentina and Brazil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark P. Jones & Pablo Sanguinetti & Mariano Tommasi, 1999.
"Politics, Institutions, and Public-Sector Spending in the Argentine Provinces,"
NBER Chapters, in: Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance, pages 135-150,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariano Tommasi & Mark P. Jones & Pablo Sanguinetti, 1997. "Politics, Institutions and Public Sector Spending in the Argentine Provinces," Working Papers 17, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Jan 1999.
- F. Fornasari & Steve B. Webb & Heng-Fu Zou, 1998. "Decentralized Spending and Central Government Deficits: International Evidence," CEMA Working Papers 508, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Wildasin, David E., 1998. "Fiscal aspect of evolving federations : issues for policy and research," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1884, The World Bank.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Celina Souza, 1996. "Redemocratization and Decentralization in Brazil: The Strength of the Member States," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 27(3), pages 529-555, July.
- Weingast, Barry R, 1995. "The Economic Role of Political Institutions: Market-Preserving Federalism and Economic Development," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-31, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dillinger, William & Webb, Steven B., 1999. "Decentralization and fiscal management in Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2122, The World Bank.
- Chenggang Xu, 2011. "The Fundamental Institutions of China's Reforms and Development," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1076-1151, December.
- Septimiu-Rares SZABO, 2017. "The Empirical Relationship Between Fiscal Decentralization And Economic Growth: A Review Of Variables, Models And Results," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(2), pages 47-66, June.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A. & Kotsogiannis, Christos, 2006.
"Federal tax autonomy and the limits of cooperation,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 317-329, March.
- Kessing, Sebastian G. & Konrad, Kai A. & Kotsogiannis, Christos, 2005. "Federal tax autonomy and the limits of cooperation [Föderale Steuerautonomie und die Grenzen der Kooperation]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2005-18, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Martinez-Vazquez, Jorge & McNab, Robert M., 2003.
"Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1597-1616, September.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Robert McNab, 2001. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0101, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Robert P. Inman, 2008. "Federalism's Values and the Value of Federalism," NBER Working Papers 13735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melle Marco C., 2014. "Eine europäische Bemessungsgrundlage für die Körperschaftsteuer? Konzeption und ordnungsökonomische Analyse / Conceptual design and constitutional economics analysis of a European tax base for corpora," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 65(1), pages 133-156, January.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2017. "Does ethnic segregation matter for spatial inequality?," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1149-1178.
- Anisah Alfada, 2019. "Does Fiscal Decentralization Encourage Corruption in Local Governments? Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-14, July.
- Septimiu-Rare? SZABO, 2013. "Decentralisation In The Context Of Multi-Level Governance: Study Case - Romania," Proceedings of Administration and Public Management International Conference, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(1), pages 92-103, June.
- Andrew T. Young, 2021. "The political economy of feudalism in medieval Europe," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 127-143, March.
- Zhu, Z. & Krug, B., 2005. "Is China a Leviathan?," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-087-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Lars P. Feld & Jan Schnellenbach, 2016.
"Fiscal Federalism, Decentralization, And Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(3), pages 1445-1463, July.
- Baskaran, Tushyanthan & Feld, Lars P. & Schnellenbach, Jan, 2016. "Fiscal federalism, decentralization and economic growth: A meta-analysis," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 16/02, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Beata Guziejewska, 2008. "Efektywność finansów samorządu terytorialnego," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 5-6, pages 71-89.
- Sergei Guriev & Evgeny Yakovlev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "Inter-Regional Trade and Lobbying," Working Papers w0100, New Economic School (NES).
- Raúl A Ponce-Rodríguez & Charles R Hankla & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Eunice Heredia-Ortiz, 2018.
"Rethinking the Political Economy of Decentralization: How Elections and Parties Shape the Provision of Local Public Goods,"
Publius: The Journal of Federalism, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(4), pages 523-558.
- Raúl A. Ponce-Rodríguez & Charles R. Hankla & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Eunice Heredia-Ortiz, 2012. "Rethinking the Political Economy of Decentralization: How Elections and Parties Shape the Provision of Local Public Goods," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1227, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Raúl A. Ponce-Rodríguez & Charles R. Hankla & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Eunice Heredia-Ortiz, 2016. "Rethinking the political economy of decentralization: how elections and parties shape the provision of local public goods," Working Papers. Collection A: Public economics, governance and decentralization 1603, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Che, Jiahua & Chung, Kim-Sau & Lu, Yang K., 2017. "Decentralization and political career concerns," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 201-210.
- Lars P. Feld, 2006. "Regulatory Competition and Federalism in Switzerland: Diffusion by Horizontal and Vertical Interaction," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- T. Randolph Beard & Richard Alan Seals Jr. & Michael L. Stern, 2014. "Security and Government Credibility," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2014-07, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Lars Feld, 2014.
"James Buchanan’s theory of federalism: from fiscal equity to the ideal political order,"
Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 231-252, September.
- Feld, Lars P., 2014. "James Buchanan's theory of federalism: From fiscal equity to the ideal political order," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/06, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
More about this item
KeywordsPublic&Municipal Finance; National Governance; Municipal Financial Management; Urban Economics; Public Sector Economics; Banks&Banking Reform;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.