Professor Fisher and the Quantity Theory - A Significant Encounter
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David Laidler, 2013. "Professor Fisher and the quantity theory -- a significant encounter," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 174-205, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnon,Arie, 2011. "Monetary Theory and Policy from Hume and Smith to Wicksell," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521191135, April.
- Philip Cagan, 1965. "Determinants and Effects of Changes in the Stock of Money, 1875–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number caga65-1, April.
- Laidler,David, 1999. "Fabricating the Keynesian Revolution," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521641739, April.
- Wesley Clair Mitchell, 1927. "Business Cycles: The Problem and Its Setting," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number mitc27-1, April.
- Patinkin, Don, 1969. "The Chicago Tradition, the Quantity Theory, and Friedman," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 46-70, February.
- Wesley Clair Mitchell, 1927. "Introductory pages to "Business Cycles: The Problem and Its Setting"," NBER Chapters,in: Business Cycles: The Problem and Its Setting, pages -23 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsQuantity theory; Price level; Inflation; Deflation; Business cycle; Depression; Money; Interest; Fisher effect;
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- B3 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-11-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2011-11-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2011-11-21 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-11-21 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwo:uwowop:20111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/department_working_papers.html .