Sure Profits via Flash Strategies and the Impossibility of Predictable Jumps
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Claudio Fontana & Markus Pelger & Eckhard Platen, 2017. "Sure profits via flash strategies and the impossibility of predictable jumps," Papers 1708.03099, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roll, Richard, 1977. "An analytic valuation formula for unprotected American call options on stocks with known dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 251-258, November.
- Evans, Kevin P., 2011. "Intraday jumps and US macroeconomic news announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2511-2527, October.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Constantinos Kardaras, 2007. "The numéraire portfolio in semimartingale financial models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 447-493, October.
- Rangel, José Gonzalo, 2011.
"Macroeconomic news, announcements, and stock market jump intensity dynamics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1263-1276, May.
- José Gonzalo Rangel, 2009. "Macroeconomic News, Announcements, and Stock Market Jump Intensity Dynamics," Working Papers 2009-15, Banco de México.
- Geske, Robert, 1979. "A note on an analytical valuation formula for unprotected American call options on stocks with known dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 375-380, December.
- Monika Piazzesi, 2001. "An Econometric Model of the Yield Curve with Macroeconomic Jump Effects," NBER Working Papers 8246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monika Piazzesi, 2005. "Bond Yields and the Federal Reserve," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 311-344, April.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- David C. Heath & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008.
"Ex-Dividend Stock Price Behavior and Arbitrage Opportunities,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 3, pages 47-60
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Heath, David C & Jarrow, Robert A, 1988. "Ex-dividend Stock Price Behavior and Arbitrage Opportunities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 95-108, January.
- Jonathan Brogaard & Terrence Hendershott & Ryan Riordan, 2014. "High-Frequency Trading and Price Discovery," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(8), pages 2267-2306.
- Piazzesi, Monika, 2001. "An Econometric Model of the Yield Curve With Macroeconomic Jump Effects," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt5946p7hn, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Suzanne S. Lee & Per A. Mykland, 2008. "Jumps in Financial Markets: A New Nonparametric Test and Jump Dynamics," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(6), pages 2535-2563, November.
- Suzanne S. Lee, 2012. "Jumps and Information Flow in Financial Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(2), pages 439-479.
- Battauz, Anna, 2003. "Quadratic hedging for asset derivatives with discrete stochastic dividends," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-243, April.
- Hendershott, Terrence & Livdan, Dmitry & Schürhoff, Norman, 2015. "Are institutions informed about news?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 249-287.
More about this item
KeywordsAbsence of arbitrage; predictable time; semimartingale; high-frequency trading;
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qfutsau.html .