Local Risk-Minimization under the Benchmark Approach
We study the pricing and hedging of derivatives in incomplete financial markets by considering the local risk-minimization method in the context of the benchmark approach, which will be called benchmarked local risk-minimization. We show that the proposed benchmarked local risk-minimization allows to handle under extremely weak assumptions a much richer modeling world than the classical methodology.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2012|
|Publication status:||Published as: Biagini, F., Cretarola, A. and Platen, E., 2014, "Local Risk-Minimization under the Benchmark Approach", Mathematics and Financial Economics, 8(2), 109-134.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eckhard Platen, 2006. "A Benchmark Approach To Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 131-151.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 2001. "A Comparison of Two Quadratic Approaches to Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 385-413.
- Hardy Hulley & Martin Schweizer, 2010. "M6 - On Minimal Market Models and Minimal Martingale Measures," Research Paper Series 280, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Eckhard Platen, 2004.
"Diversified Portfolios with Jumps in a Benchmark Framework,"
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 11(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Eckhard Platen, 2004. "Diversified Portfolios with Jumps in a Benchmark Framework," Research Paper Series 129, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Ke Du & Eckhard Platen, 2011. "Three-Benchmarked Risk Minimization for Jump Diffusion Markets," Research Paper Series 296, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.