The Value of Human Capital during the Second Industrial Revolution—Evidence from the U.S. Navy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 2000.
"Ability-Biased Technological Transition, Wage Inequality, and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 469-497.
- Oded Galor & Omer Moav, 1998. "Ability Biased Technological Transition, Wage Inequality, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-14, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Dirk Krueger & Krishna B. Kumar, 2004.
"Skill-Specific rather than General Education: A Reason for US--Europe Growth Differences?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 167-207, June.
- Dirk Krueger & Krishna B. Kumar, 2003. "Skill-specific rather then General Education: A Reason for US-Europe Growth Differences?," NBER Working Papers 9408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- GaryÂ S. Becker & KevinÂ M. Murphy, 2007. "Education and Consumption: The Effects of Education in the Household Compared to the Marketplace," Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 9-35.
- Goldin, Claudia & Katz, Lawrence F., 2000.
"Education and Income in the Early Twentieth Century: Evidence from the Prairies,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(03), pages 782-818, September.
- Katz, Lawrence & Goldin, Claudia, 2000. "Education and Income in the Early Twentieth Century: Evidence from the Prairies," Scholarly Articles 2766688, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, Ahmed S. Rahman and Alan M. Taylor, 2008.
"Luddites and the Demographic Transition,"
The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Ahmed S. Rahman & Alan M. Taylor, 2008. "Luddites and the Demographic Transition," NBER Working Papers 14484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj & Rahman, Ahmed & Taylor, Alan M., 2008. "Luddites and the Demographic Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 7045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David N. Weil & Oded Galor, 2000.
"Population, Technology, and Growth: From Malthusian Stagnation to the Demographic Transition and Beyond,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 806-828, September.
- Oded Galor & David N. Weil, 1999. "Population, Technology, and Growth: From Malthusian Stagnation to the Demographic Transition and Beyond," Working Papers 99-35, Brown University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-04-17 (Education)
- NEP-HIS-2010-04-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HRM-2010-04-17 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2010-04-17 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usn:usnawp:28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ednavus.html .