Does less inequality among households mean less inequality among individuals?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Peluso, Eugenio & Trannoy, Alain, 2007. "Does less inequality among households mean less inequality among individuals?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 568-578, March.
- Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2004. "Does less inequality among households mean less inequality among individuals ?," THEMA Working Papers 2004-11, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2004. "Does Less Inequality among Households Mean Less Inequality among Individuals?," IDEP Working Papers 0407, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Jun 2004.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moyes, Patrick, 1987. "A new concept of Lorenz domination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 203-207.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 1995. "Gender Inequality in Human Development: Theories and Measurement," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1995-01, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990.
"How Serious Is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 866-881, September.
- Haddad, L. & Kanbur, R., 1989. "How Serious Is The Neglectof Intra-Household Inequality?," Papers 450, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1989. "How serious is the neglect of intrahousehold inequality ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 296, The World Bank.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Haddad, Lawrence, 1994.
"Are Better Off Households More Unequal or Less Unequal?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 46(3), pages 445-458, July.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990. "Are better off households more unequal or less unequal ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 373, The World Bank.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Udo Ebert, 1999. "Using equivalent income of equivalent adults to rank income distributions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(2), pages 233-258.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1977. "A Note on Separability and Quasiconcavity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1183-1186, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2012. "The Cake-eating problem: Non-linear sharing rules," Working Papers 26/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Olivier Bargain, 2008.
"Normative evaluation of tax policies: from households to individuals,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(2), pages 339-371, April.
- Bargain, Olivier, 2004. "Normative Evaluation of Tax Policies: From Households to Individuals," IZA Discussion Papers 1441, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M Denuit & L Eeckhoudt & O Jokung, 2013. "Non-differentiable transformations preserving stochastic dominance," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 64(9), pages 1441-1446, September.
- Helene Couprie & Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2007. "From Household to Individual Welfare Comparisons: A Double Concavity Test," IDEP Working Papers 0701, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 01 2007.
- Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2012.
"Preserving dominance relations through disaggregation: the evil and the saint,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 39(2), pages 633-647, July.
- Alain Trannoy & Eugenio Peluso, 2009. "Preserving Dominance Relations Through Disaggregation: The Evil and the Saint," Working Papers 60/2009, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Elena Bárcena-Martín & Maite Blázquez & Santiago Budría & Ana I. Moro-Egido, 2017.
"Child and Household Deprivation: A Relationship Beyond Household Socio-demographic Characteristics,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 1079-1098, July.
- Elena Bárcena-Martín & Maite Blázquez & Santiago Budría & Ana I. Moro Egido, 2014. "Child and Household Deprivation. A Relationship beyond Household Socio-Demographic Characteristics," ThE Papers 14/05, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Bárcena, Elena & Blázquez, Maite & Budría, Santiago & Moro, Ana Isabel, 2014. "Child and Household Deprivation: A Relationship beyond Household Socio-Demographic Characteristics," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2014/07, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Couprie, Hélène & Peluso, Eugenio & Trannoy, Alain, 2010. "Is power more evenly balanced in poor households?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(7-8), pages 493-507, August.
- Mangiavacchi, Lucia & Piccoli, Luca, 2011. "Improving the measurement of child welfare in the context of intra-household inequality," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 226-232, February.
- Lucia Mangiavacchi & Luca Piccoli, 2009. "Child welfare and intra-household inequality in Albania," Working Papers 149, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Martina Menon & Elisa Pagani & Federico Perali, 2016. "A class of individual expenditure functions," Economic Theory Bulletin, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(2), pages 291-305, October.
- Gao, Jianwei & Zhao, Feng, 2017. "Sufficient conditions of stochastic dominance for general transformations and its application in option strategy," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-40, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Alessandra Michelangeli & Eugenio Peluso & Alain Trannoy, 2011. "Detecting a change in wealth concentration without the knowledge of the wealth distribution," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(3), pages 373-391, September.
- Martina Menon & Elisa Pagani & Federico Perali, 2012. "A Characterization of Collective Individual Expenditure Functions," Working Papers 20/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsLorenz dominance; Intra-household inequality; concavity; sharing rule;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:wpaper:432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fabrizio Becatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desieit.html .