The equity core and the core
In this paper we study the equity core (Selten, 1978) and compare it with the core. A payo vector is in the equity core if no coalition can divide its value among its members proportionally to a given weight system and, in this way, give more to each member than the amount he or she receives in the payo vector. We show that the equity core is a compact extension of the core and that, for non-negative games, the intersection of all equity cores with respect to all weights coincides with the core of the game. Keywords: Cooperative game, equity core, equal division core, core. JEL classi cation: C71
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 977 75 98 00
Fax: 977 75 98 10
Web page: http://www.urv.catEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Izquierdo, Josep M. & Rafels, Carles, 2001. "Average Monotonic Cooperative Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 174-192, August.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Anindya Bhattacharya, 2004. "On the equal division core," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 391-399, 04.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1991. "Constrained egalitarian allocations," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 403-422, November.
- Kannai, Yakar, 1992. "The core and balancedness," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 355-395 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:urv:wpaper:2072/220760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ariadna Casals)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.