Social Groups and Economic Poverty: A Problem in Measurement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank, 1994. "Monotonicity, dominance and the Pareto principle," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 447-450, August.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- François BOURGUIGNON & Gary S. FIELDS, 1990. "Poverty Measures and Anti-Poverty Policy," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1990038, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Keen, Michael, 1992. "Needs and Targeting," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 67-79, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiappero-Martinetti, Enrica & Civardi, Marisa, 2006. "Measuring poverty within and between population subgroups," IRISS Working Paper Series 2006-06, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; measurement; social groups; symmetry; transfer; subgroup sensitivity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2004-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .