Decentralization Policy and Equality: A Theil Analysis of Indonesian Income Inequality
The decentralization policy has been implemented for almost 8 years in Indonesia. One of the main purposes of decentralization policy was to increase economic growth followed by equality. In this paper, we construct gini coefficient and Theil indices of sector income distribution to evaluate the trend of Indonesian income inequality during the implementation of the policy. We will analyze the equality between sector and within sector (e.q. agriculture, industry and services) both in the country and province level data. The output of this study is expected could answer the question whether there is a growth with equality during the implementation of decentralization both between and within sector.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Jalan Cimandiri No.6, Bandung 40115|
Web page: http://ceds.fe.unpad.ac.id
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ebel, Robert D. & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2002. "On the measurement and impact of fiscal decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2809, The World Bank.
- Neyapti, Bilin, 2006. "Revenue decentralization and income distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(3), pages 409-416, September.
- Akai, Nobuo & Sakata, Masayo, 2002. "Fiscal decentralization contributes to economic growth: evidence from state-level cross-section data for the United States," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 93-108, July.
- Takahiro AKITA & Rizal Affandi LUKMAN & Yukino YAMADA, 1999. "Inequality In The Distribution Of Household Expenditures In Indonesia: A Theil Decomposition Analysis," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 37(2), pages 197-221, 06.
- Tomson Ogwang, 1995. "The Economic Development-Income Inequality Nexus," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 217-229, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unp:wpaper:200810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arief Anshory Yusuf)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.