The Growing Interdependence Between Financial And Commodity Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian, 2010.
"What do we learn from the price of crude oil futures?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 539-573.
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz, 2007. "What Do We Learn from the Price of Crude Oil Futures?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Long, J Bradford & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, 1990.
"Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 703-738, August.
- J. Bradford De Long & Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers & Robert J. Waldmann, "undated". "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _124, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- De Long, J. Bradford & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H. & Waldmann, Robert J., 1990. "Noise Trader Risk in Financial Markets," Scholarly Articles 3725552, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Gary B. Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2013.
"The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 17(1), pages 35-105.
- Gary Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Rouwenhorst, 2007. "The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2605, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Oct 2008.
- Gary B. Gorton & Fumio Hayashi & K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 2007. "The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns," NBER Working Papers 13249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Capuano, Christian, 2006. "Strategic noise traders and liquidity pressure with a physically deliverable futures contract," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-14.
- Christopher L. Gilbert, 2008. "How to Understand High Food Prices," Department of Economics Working Papers 0823, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- J. Michael Harrison & David M. Kreps, 1978. "Speculative Investor Behavior in a Stock Market with Heterogeneous Expectations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(2), pages 323-336.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Coudert, Virginie & Mignon, Valérie, 2016.
"Reassessing the empirical relationship between the oil price and the dollar,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 147-157.
- Virginie Coudert & Valérie Mignon, 2015. "Reassessing the empirical relationship between the oil price and the dollar," Working Papers 2015-25, CEPII research center.
- Virginie Coudert & Valérie Mignon, 2016. "Reassessing the empirical relationship between the oil price and the dollar," EconomiX Working Papers 2016-2, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Virginie Coudert & Valérie Mignon, 2016. "Reassessing the empirical relationship between the oil price and the dollar," Post-Print hal-01386047, HAL.
- Troester, Bernhard & Staritz, Cornelia, 2013. "Fundamentals or financialisation of commodity markets: What determines recent wheat prices?," Working Papers 43, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Staritz, Cornelia & Küblböck, Karin, 2013. "Re-regulation of commodity derivative markets: Critical assessment of current reform proposals in the EU and the US," Working Papers 45, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Niels C. Thygesen & Robert N. McCauley & Guonan Ma & William R. White & Jakob de Haan & Willem van den End & Jon Frost & Christiaan Pattipeilohy & Mostafa Tabbae & Ernest Gnan & Morten Balling & Paul , 2013. "50 Years of Money and Finance: Lessons and Challenges," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume - 50 Years of Money and Finance: Lessons and Challenges, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 1 edited by Morten Balling & Ernest Gnan.
- Ahmadi, Maryam & Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Manera, Matteo, 2016.
"How is volatility in commodity markets linked to oil price shocks?,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 11-23.
- Maryam Ahmadi & Niaz Bashiri Behmiri & Matteo Manera, 2015. "How is Volatility in Commodity Markets Linked to Oil Price Shocks?," Working Papers 2015.101, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Machiko Nissanke, 2012. "Commodity Market Linkages in the Global Financial Crisis: Excess Volatility and Development Impacts," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 732-750, June.
- Michael Hachula & Malte Rieth, 2017. "Identifying Speculative Demand Shocks in Commodity Futures Markets through Changes in Volatility," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1646, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Dudziński Jerzy, 2011. "The Current Economic Paradigm in the Light of Financialisation," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, De Gruyter Open, vol. 10(1), pages 20-35, January.
- repec:kap:revdev:v:20:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11147-016-9126-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Sophie van Huellen, 2013. "Price Non-Convergence in Commodities: A Case Study of the Wheat Conundrum," Working Papers 185, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- William Arrata & Alejandro Bernales & Virginie Coudert, 2013. "The Effects of Derivatives on Underlying Financial Markets: Equity Options, Commodity Derivatives and Credit Default Swaps," SUERF 50th Anniversary Volume Chapters, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Eduardo López E. & Víctor Riquelme P., 2010. "Auge, Colapso y Recuperación de los Precios de Materias Primas entre 2002 y 2010: ¿Qué Hay Detrás?," Notas de Investigación Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(2), pages 129-145, April.
- Bosch, David & Pradkhan, Elina, 2015. "The impact of speculation on precious metals futures markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 118-134.
- Silvennoinen, Annastiina & Thorp, Susan, 2013.
"Financialization, crisis and commodity correlation dynamics,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 42-65.
- Annastiina Silvennoinen & Susan Thorp, 2010. "Financialization, Crisis and Commodity Correlation Dynamics," Research Paper Series 267, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dudziński Jerzy, 2009. "Financial Factors in Price Movements of Primary Commodities on the International Market," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, De Gruyter Open, vol. 8(1), pages 113-125, January.
- Yilmaz Akyüz, 2012. "The Boom in Capital Flows to Developing Contries : Will It Go Bust Again?," Ekonomi-tek - International Economics Journal, Turkish Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 63-96, January.
- Bernhard Troester, 2012. "The determinants of the recent food price surges â€“ A basic supply and demand model," Competence Centre on Money, Trade, Finance and Development 1206, Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin.
- Vijay Kumar Varadi, 2012.
"An evidence of speculation in Indian commodity markets,"
57430, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Varadi, Vijay Kumar, 2012. "An evidence of speculation in Indian commodity markets," MPRA Paper 38337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gao, Lin & Süss, Stephan, 2015. "Market sentiment in commodity futures returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 84-103.
- Staritz, Cornelia, 2012. "Financial markets and the commodity price boom: Causes and implications for developing countries," Working Papers 30, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unc:dispap:195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joerg Mayer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/unctach.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.