Engendering Human Development: A Critique of the UNDP’s Gender-Related Development Index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vegard Iversen, 2003. "Intra-Household Inequality: A Challenge For The Capability Approach?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 93-115.
- Sudhir Anand & Amartya Sen, 2000. "The Income Component of the Human Development Index," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 2000. "The Income Component of Human Development Index," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2000-01, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Sara Cantillon & Brian Nolan, 2001. "Poverty Within Households: Measuring Gender Differences Using Nonmonetary Indicators," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 5-23.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2003.
"Growth, Inequality and Well-Being: Comparisons across Space and Time,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
094, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Carola Grün & Stephan Klasen, 2004. "Growth, Inequality and Well-Being: Comparisons across Space and Time," HEW 0401001, EconWPA.
- Nancy Folbre, 2006. "Measuring Care: Gender, Empowerment, and the Care Economy," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 183-199.
- Siobhan Austen & Therese Jefferson & Vicki Thein, 2003. "Gendered Social Indicators and Grounded Theory," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-18.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lucia Bartùsková & Karina Kubelková, 2014. "Main Challanges in Measuring Gender Inequality," Proceedings of FIKUSZ '14,in: Pál Michelberger (ed.), Proceedings of FIKUSZ '14, pages 19-28 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Seo-Young Cho, 2011. "Integrating Equality - Globalization, Women’s Rights, Son Preference and Human Trafficking," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 73, Courant Research Centre PEG.
More about this item
KeywordsGender-related Development Index; GDI; human development; gender disparities;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:periwp:wp131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .